ITMS-90562: Invalid Bundle with Xcode 13.3 RC

• same issue with release version : Version 13.3 (13E113)

• same issue with Version 13.3 (13E113) too

• Same here v13.3 (13E113)...

Apple Recommended

• Still getting the error. FB9964419

• thanks, it works now

• Fixed for me

Replies

Same issue here. The error message "TMS-90562: Invalid Bundle" is incorrect and misleading. When you try to use Ad Hoc distribution to export an IAP, you will find real problems related to the latest SDK and Bitcode.

See Unable to export for Ad Hoc or Development distribution with Xcode 13.3 RC

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of Gong Down vote reply of Gong

Hello, Same issue here

Same issue here with Xcode 13.3 (13E113) release :(

I just burned a DTS ticket on this, and also linked to this thread. Hopefully that gets a response soon.

• Thank you! Look forward to a reply.

Add a Comment

Maybe it can help someone: I found libswift_Concurrency.dylib in the Frameworks directory of my package which is unexpected (my project is ios Only) . I remove it from the archive and I can now process an ad hoc distribution.

I have not uploaded it to appstoreconnect

• Yes, the error is indeed related to libswift_Concurrency.dylib in latest SDK. But my app and dependencies use async/await and require back deploy, so there is no way to exclude libswift_Concurrency.dylib. 😢

• moreover, upload didn't work. It was a dummy solution. So we are complety stucked

• Have you tried disabling bitcode? I tested it with a temporary project, and after completely disabling bitcode, there was no problem. But my app contains the apple watch app, which is unable to disable bitcode.

Same issue and same framework in the Frameworks directory as the comment above. Can't find a solution.

I found a known issue in Xcode 13.3 Release Notes that might explain this issue:

Exporting an app that uses Swift’s concurrency features from an archive with bitcode might fail when the app targets iOS 13.0 – iOS 14.7, watchOS 6.0 – watchOS 7.6, or tvOS 13.0 – 14.7. (89271047)

Workaround: Either uncheck the box Rebuild from bitcode when exporting the app from an archive or disable bitcode (iOS only).

Can't seem to get the workaround to work for me, because I can't find the 'Rebuild from bitcode' checkbox and disabling bitcode is not an option (app is not only iOS). Setting 'Enable Bitcode' to 'No' inside Xcode for all targets where it's possible, does not fix the issue.

• Thanks for the info. It looks like our friends at Apple have updated the Release Notes 😂. But the workaround is not working because once an app contains Apple Watch target, there is no way to turn off bitcode. Still stuck.

Add a Comment

Disable bitcode works for me.

Disabling Bitcode sadly is not a fix if you have a WatchOS app

• Don't disable bitcode in "Project", only disable in "TARGETS" , My project has watch app, still works.

• ⬆️ I believe the guy upstairs :) I will try it later.

• I wasn't able to make it work with a watchOS app. Project has 'Enable Bitcode YES', iOS target (+ widget + intent + UI tests) has NO, Watch app and extension has 'ENABLE_BITCODE YES'. Still get the same error.

Add a Comment

Switching the deployment target from watchOS 7.0 to watchOS 8.0 fixed the issue for my watchOS app. I know that might not be a viable solution for everyone.

• Seems to be working, thanks for the tip!

Add a Comment

It's really, really annoying, I have 26 applications affected. Very bad day and very bad idea to have updated Xcode!

• Version 13.3 (13E113)

Add a Comment

Disabling Bitcode works but next my appclip binary was too large. It's not an optimal and suitable solution for long term

Add a Comment

I wouldn't disable Bitcode to work around this. Bitcode allows your app to be recompiled for specific devices and iOS versions which makes the app package as small as possible when users download it from the App Store. Instead do all of this:

• Remove libswift_Concurrency from all of your targets (Target ⇢ Build Phases ⇢ Link Binary With Libraries)
  • Remove libswift_Concurrency from the Frameworks group in the Project Navigator
  • Remove all Swift concurrency keywords from your sources: @MainActor, async, await, etc

According to the release notes this only happens when the app targets <iOS 15, so presumably all of your users weren't getting these features to begin with and you were already branching on availability of iOS 15. If you're like me, you were doing this to get the subscription management screen in iOS 15 but thanks to this Xcode 13.3 regression your users won't get that even on iOS 15.

• And if you are using SwiftConcurrency…

Add a Comment

The only thing that worked for me, unfortunately is downgrading to Xcode 13.2.1

• I have this issue as well with Crashlytics.. Downgraded to 13.2.1

I hope it gets fixed soon..

• Apple can’t be serious

Add a Comment

Same here. Disable bitcode it's a very bad solution and also downgrade to Xcode 13.2.1.

Apple must fix and allow us to work.

• for now i have sticked with 13.3 and disabled bitcode because supporting new ios 15.4 wont be possible on 13.2.1

Add a Comment