ITMS-90562: Invalid Bundle with Xcode 13.3 RC

• same issue with release version : Version 13.3 (13E113)

• same issue with Version 13.3 (13E113) too

• Same here v13.3 (13E113)...

Apple Recommended

• Still getting the error. FB9964419

• thanks, it works now

• Fixed for me

Replies

Disabling Bitcode looks like it works. But then running that build from TestFlight on a iOS 14 device, and it will crash on launch. When run through Xcode in that same device it doesn’t crash.

got a reply on the DTS ticket. They just pointed to the release notes and disable Bitcode work around. They ignored where I said doing that work around just causes the app to crash.

• DTS ticket burned. 😂

Add a Comment

any solutions now?

The only thing I’ve confirmed that works is changing the deployment target to >= iOS 15.0, or deleting all Swift concurrency support. I tested both, but I have settled on dropping Swift concurrency support. Maybe I will try it again in a few years after others have figured out the issues.

We had to downgrade our Xcode version to 3.2.1. Super frustrating experience here. Apple should update their release notes to let users know about this issue and the work around as this completely blocked us from submitting to the App Store.

Same issue here

I am having the same issue. I am concerned about the "fix". Isn't bitcode actually an important feature for optimizing the download from the app store. So while disabling it might fix the problem, might it not impact the user experience - at least in terms of the download?

With that in mind, I'm sadly waiting to ship my new version for a bit and hoping Apple releases a fixed version soon...

Hopefully our friends at Apple will know that we are still waiting for a solution.

I found that I had this issue building with xcodebuild but not when building and deploying interactively through Xcode and Organizer. Did not have to adjust bitcode settings and did enable bitcode on upload. Looking at the binary executable, there is a clear 43MB difference in size between the accepted version (bigger) and the command line built version. Would be interested to know if anyone else has seen this.

• I did have the issue with building and deploying through Xcode 13.3 and Organizer. I don't know how to do it with the command line.

• I suspect I tried before and after Apple fixed the glitch today maybe. otool -L showed no differences and we are using concurrency.

Add a Comment
  • Still getting the error. FB9964419

• thanks, it works now

• Fixed for me

First I fixed it by downgrading to Xcode 13.2.1, now we removed iOS 13 support and went back to Xcode 13.3 and it works without a problem.

Fixed by Apple. My builds are OK Now

Have you guys tested the app built and uploaded in Xcode 13.3 on iOS 14? Not local testing, but uploading to Connect then downloading and installing via App Store or TestFlight.

I found that all my UITests for iOS 14 on Xcode Cloud crashed and failed.

Same for us, using new Xcode 13.3 the app uploaded to testflight crashes on iOS 14 devices (

Seeing this for our app. FB9970868

I've gone through every single framework / plugin / binary in the app bundle with otool -L and found nothing. What's annoying is how these emails about "ITMS-90562: Invalid Bundle" do NOT in fact tell us what's invalid in the bundle - if you (i.e. the processing server) are aware, why not just tell us in the same email?

I've tried it with Xcode 13.2.1 as well and it still gets rejected. I have no idea what's going on as another one of our apps is submitting fine.