How to add support for Siri / Apple Intelligence to my existing AppEntity?

iOS 18 adds a specific macro for exposing your search app intent, app entities, etc, to siri but how are you meant to add it to your existing objects without removing it entirely from < iOS 18 users?

For example, i get the following error:

AssistantIntent(schema:) is only available in iOS 18 or newer. Add @available attribute to enclosing struct.

I don't want to do that since i still want to support iOS 17 users with my existing shortcuts. Do i need to duplicate my entire shortcuts model to add the new macro?

Answered by Documentation Engineer in 790499022

Hi @joekw,

The short version is: yes. You'll have to ship two versions of your app intent. You can mark your new app intent as only available to Apple Intelligence to avoid them appearing as duplicates in the Shortcuts app. Check out "Consider the impact of updating existing app intents" in this dev docs article.

Accepted Answer

Hi @joekw,

The short version is: yes. You'll have to ship two versions of your app intent. You can mark your new app intent as only available to Apple Intelligence to avoid them appearing as duplicates in the Shortcuts app. Check out "Consider the impact of updating existing app intents" in this dev docs article.

How to add support for Siri / Apple Intelligence to my existing AppEntity?

Q