TestFlight testers status is blank

Woke up today to find that many of the tester statuses were blank, and their session numbers were missing. I was about to use this to reach out to my most active members for feedback but I cannot see these stats anymore.

Anyone know what's going on here?

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of lukepighetti Down vote post of lukepighetti
  • We are seeing similar issues.

• Same looking forward to a resolution here. Even exporting the testers via the API shows the same thing

• I am seeing the same problem.

Add a Comment

Replies

Same issue on most enteries over this week

I am seeing the same issue, and testers are reporting that they are not able to download the latest build in TestFlight. i wrote to Apple support and got this response: "The dash symbol under the testers status references the tester was successfully added to the testing group, but no builds are currently available. When a build becomes available, the tester will receive an invitation." I tested this out: I created a new External Testers group, added many of the users that have the "dash" status, then added the latest active build. After refreshing the page several times, the users are still in the dash status. We need a solution for this.

This appears to have cleared up - I am no longer seeing the Status of "-", and have stopped getting reports of users not seeing updates.

Add a Comment

Half of my testers now show status of "-" and they have all lost the count of sessions.

• Experiencing the same issue, while it was fine a week ago.

Add a Comment

Yesterday, half of my testers showed status of "-" and had lost the count of sessions.

Now, that External Testers group has completely disappeared. In fact there is no longer an "External Testers" section in the left column of the screen. However I do have "All Testers" under "General Information" where I can see everyone, with the correct status and number of sessions etc.

Possibly related: initially I didn't have "External Testers". A random stack-overflow post told me that "External Testers" only appears once you have created an Internal Testers group. So I created an empty internal testers group, then created an external testers group, then removed the internal group. I reported this as bug FB12769342, but Apple say it is the intended behaviour (*). That was all about three weeks ago. It was OK until today; now I can't see "External Testers" again. Maybe I shouldn't have deleted the empty internal testers group.

Do others whose status is showing "-" find that the correct info is shown in "All Testers"?

(*) I'm a one-person business. The idea of having "internal beta testers" using TestFlight before moving on to an external beta test may seem sensible if you're a business the size of Apple, but I'm sure it's not how most of us work!

This has returned - I have a distribution group of 115 testers that has a valid, active build in the Testing status. Over half of the users in this group are now showing a status of "-" and I am getting reports that some cannot download the latest version (the TestFlight app is requesting a code). Removing then re-adding the users does no good - they come back into the list as "-".