Fix for "Apple ID Verification Failed" after iOS 17 v3 Beta Update

After installing the latest iOS 17 v3 update on my iPhone 12 Pro, the setup assistant appeared. I chose my Wi-Fi network and then an error appears that "Verification Failed: There was a problem connecting to the server." It then just stays on that screen.

I was about to DFU restore my device - as removing Find my iPhone, trying on Cellular, and restarting didn't work. But luckily, I had Siri enabled!

The FIX: Use Siri (holding down the power button for 1 second) from the post-update intro screen and ask it turn on AirPlane Mode. Once Airplane Mode was on, it let me skip the connect to Wifi section and I was in - as cellular was also disabled!

No DFU needed!

• I had to activate Siri from Accessibility, Assistive Touch. Thank you very much Scott, I was able to get my iPhone back

• Awesome! It happened again on my Beta 3 Update. 😂

• @Echalotte How were you able to do it? seems like I don't see an option to activate siri even after this

Replies

This was very useful to me, I was totally blocked on this step even after restarting multiple times and trying all the possible options.

I didn't have Siri enabled, or at least it was not answering my "Hey Siri" or "Siri" call. Also when I pressed the power button from 1 sec it was not showing the Siri animation icon, but instead a menu to choose the options: Emergency call, Mobility Settings, Shutdown, and no Siri. Fortunately I spot that the yellow dot on top right was on meaning that Siri was listening. And it did!

So even with Siri not showing up, the power button still works with enabling Siri and the AirPlane mode can be activated.

Thanks

• This worked for me, thanks so much! I was ready to take it to the apple store.

Add a Comment

Worked great for me. Thank you.

Oh my gosh this worked you are a life saver

You Sir are a true lifesaver. THANK YOU.

You also saved my live good sir

is there any other fix? i cant activate siri off my lock screen as Ive turned that off from the settings long time ago.

Yes! This worked for me too. I've been using the developer beta for weeks with no problem, then idly clicked the accept button for the public beta yesterday evening. Repeating loop then began. I immediately booked an appointment at the Apple store down the road for later today and searched for solutions. Just searched again and found your answer and it worked. Thanks so much.

Saved my "life" thanks!

I was not able to activate Siri on my iPad on this screen. However, upon every restart, the iPad asked which WiFi to join. You can just hit continue without joining any WiFi. This will skip the activation step.

If the device auto-joins a WiFi, you can tap the Lock-button, which makes a menu appear. From there you can choose WiFi settings. You can hit the info button on the WiFi the device joined and hit Forget this Network.

i have the same problem. it appeared with developer iOS 17 beta 2 and since when I update to the next beta (3) and now public beta I still get the error that it can't get any connection to the Apple server. after a couple of restarts it worked with the beta 3 and now im trying to get through in public beta.

I can turn off the wifi with Siri but that doesn't solve the problem; I tried also outside of a wifi network (which the last time worked) but now its time to restart and restart again and hope it works or does anyone have another solution?

I wonder that apple haven't fixed the problem yet

• Still the problem again after updating to public beta 2

• After a few restarts and the question of iOS if I want continue without wifi, I got to the next step where I can accept the terms and then i’s works again

Add a Comment

Had the same problem here.

If you can't put your iPhone on Airplane Mode you can remove your SIM card and change wifi SSID. Worked as a charm.

Thanks

You are a lifesaver bro thank you very much.

Encountered this on iOS 17.0 (21A5303d)

For me I couldn't invoke Siri while selecting the Wifi.

But power button allowed me to gain access to wifi settings, I entered a manual false ip to the wifi settings, this disabled internet access and I got pass the "Updating Apple ID Settings" stuck.

BEST ANSWER EVEER!!!!!!!! WORK NICE FOR ME AND YOU JUST HAVE TO HOLD THE POWER BUTTON 1 SEC, THEN WHEN THE MENU SHOW UP ASK SIRI TO AIRPLANE MODE ON. FORGET ALL YOUR SAVED WIFI, AND THEN TAP CONTINUE. DONE

Thanks for the help! I do not have Siri set to listen, so I had to remove my SIM card, and then select no wifi network. After that it worked like a charm!