Passcode iPadOs 17 after Update to beta 2

When I upgraded my 2nd gen iPad Pro to iPadOS 17 beta 1, the entry method changed from the 0 large numbers that normally show for a numerical passcode to a text entry field - but the passcode worked. Now I updated to Beta 2 and it says press home to upgrade, then shows the passcode textfield, but doesn't accept my Passcode anymore. Any hints?

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of sirdir Down vote post of sirdir
3.9k views
  • Same here, Apple ID not working as passcode either.

Add a Comment

Replies

I have same problem...

• Same with an iPad pro 2017

Add a Comment

Same here...

same issue

Same problem on wife's iPad

Same iPad Pro 10.5. Worked on 17 beta 1 not working now on beta 2

Same problem iPad 12.9 2nd Gen. IPadOS 17 Beta 2 Enter passcode in generic text mode and rejects my code, I tried different codes, passwords, emails, nothing will let me through

Mu ipad is the same, stuck on the passcode screen. Can anyone help?

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of PJ22 Down vote reply of PJ22

Same problem here. Passcode didn't work, rebooting didn't work.

I then put it in DFU mode, attempted to restore iOS 16 via Finder, and got "An unknown error occurred (68). 0697.0044".

Finally, I tried "Apple Configurator", which managed to restore it to 16.5.1.

• The only useful comment so far. Great that Apple Configurator did find my iPad Pro in DFU mode and restore 16.5.1 on it.

• Thank you! I had to put the device in Recovery mode with a 3rd party app, then use Apple configurator. This was on the public beta, not developer.

• interesting, I got the same 'An unknown error occurred (68). 0697.0044' in my iPad Pro 11" (2018). Can you a bit more specific, have you been able to restore it without Data Loss… and what 3rd App did you use to put it into Recovery Mode? I bricked my iPad Pro 11" (2018) after the updated to 17.3 Beta 2. Now it stuck in the infinite Boot Loop.

Same here with beta 2. And here is the additional, older problem: after installing beta 1, all my apps disappeared, but the app data – not. The apps were not reinstalled automatically. The app data was left in the memory as some kind of undeletable residue.

iPad Pro 10.5

Beta 1, no apps, but data

Beta 2, press home to upgrade, passcode does not work

With DFU Mode error message, with Apple Configurator ok, but new iPad, without data.

Beta 2 passcode screen won't swipe up for me to even try entering my passcode.

Exactly the same problem here, with app and code. Stuck

As Apple is making us all "happy" with converting our ipad into a brick or a paperweight, can anybody advice me, to return to a howsoever working ipad? Thanks!

Same situation. I can't even try DFU because of my power button is not functioning. Is there any way I can force DFU without power button?

iPad Pro 10.5 Beta 1, no apps, but data Beta 2, press home to upgrade, passcode does not work update failes: The iPad “iPad” could not be updated. An unknown error occurred (68). 0697.0044 restore goes back into original state