5G unavailable in iPad OS 16.2 beta(India)

I updated my new iPad to iPad OS 16.2 beta 4, however, I don't see an option to enable 5G in cellular options. I guess this is not an issue with the carrier(Airtel) because I was able to use 5G in iPhone 12 running on iOS 16.2 beta. Anyone from India successful in trying out 5G in their iPad using beta s/w?

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of aravindun Down vote post of aravindun
4.1k views
  • Same here I pad using iPad Pro 3rd Gen tried both Jio and Airtel not showing 5G , I am little frustrated when Apple will fix this issue

• Same issue!

• Airtel 5G available in iPad mini after ipad OS 16.4 update

Add a Comment

Replies

UPDATE: iPadOS 16.4 Beta Update shows 5G Option nut no standalone Airtel 5g may work

Hello.. Same problem here. I have an iPad Pro 11 with M2 Chip 2022 both wifi and cellular. I reside in 5G area and my iPhone 13 pro works fine with 5G. I am facing the same problem. All my Sims cards show 5G option on iPhone (13 Pro) but not in the iPad. iPad is updated to the latest 16.3.1 version. I have searched the blogs, the forums and talked to Apple guys. No solution. I downloaded Airtel App on my iPad and it detects the 5G hardware as well as 5G software on the device but no option appears in the settings. Apple asked me to do lot of things with out any result. Finally device was physically checked and diagnostics performed and they found no fault. Airtel people are lost..!! Neither do they understand nor do they know what we are talking about. and their social platform on Twitter. @AirtelSupport & @AirtelIndia is a useless mess. I even switched to eSim without any results. After searching extensively in the forums outside the India I believe that the network carrier is to either add iPad to their 5G device lists or they have to come out with a network carrier update. Similar issues were faced on AT&T and other network users outside the india. Apple are adamant that there is no issues from their side. Even Jio sims are having the same problems. Lastly I came across the list of the devices that are compatible with 5G in India and neither Airtel nor Jio have iPads listed on the list. This is frustrating but we can't do anything. Guess software update may fix it or some sanity may prevail in the the Houses of Airtel & Jio..! Till then God be with us.

• The issue stands resolved after the last update. So apple made us dance the jig! Congratulations @apple.

Add a Comment

Airtel 5G available in iPad mini 6 after iPad OS 16.4 update (Mar 27, 2023 )