Subscription "Waiting for review" status stuck after been approved

We uploaded to App Store Connect a new app version with new subscription groups & items. Everything was approved, and we received the emails from App Store connect, but if we visit our App Store Connect account App, some of these subscription items are still "Waiting for review" for more than 4 days. It has no sense as the email informed us that the new app version and all the items had been approved. The app is online, but some subscription items are not available.

We even uploaded a new app version, it was updated, but the subscription items are still "Waiting for review".

Has anyone faced this problem? How do you solved it? We have contacted App Store Connect but it is pretty difficult to get real assistance, most of the time they reply with template email answers.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of AroundPixels Down vote post of AroundPixels
13k views

Replies

We are facing the exact same issue, contacted support and a Senior Advisor with Apple Developer Program Support confirmed this is "unexpected behavior" and submitted a ticket with Apple's engineering team to investigate. They gave us a ticket # and said they would get back to us as soon as they have an update.

Hi @catandiscovery, Apple finally solved the problem. We have opened some tickets through https://developer.apple.com/contact/, but none of them was effective. Finally, the way to find a solution was to request a phone call with support. We explained to them the problem with all the details, and then they requested us to send by email all the information (Apple Store Connect screenshots, email screenshots, product IDs, etc). 48h later, the problem was solved. We also think it needs to be escalated to Apple's engineering team.

• @AroundPixels ok thanks for letting me know. Did you have to re-upload a new binary, and have it reapproved it or could you use your existing/approved binary?

• No new binary needed, as the problem was only on the AppStore subscription items.

Add a Comment

Same issue here, subs stuck as "Waiting for Review" surprised stuff like this cant be resolved via email.

• Please were you able to solve it?

• please did you solve it ?

Add a Comment

I've been waiting for 24 days with my in-app subscriptions "waiting for review." Anyone else having this issue? Seems like an extremely long period of time to wait....

Same here. Apple developer program support forwarded the issue to their engineering team for further review, but no follow up for days.

Same here, just had a call with Apple support, I hope it can be solved quickly.

Same problem here! Waiting for 48h I just mailed the support. Should I call? is that better?

Same problem here. Submitted a new submission and new submission is in review but subscription products are still waiting for review. sent an email to review team and looking forward to be solved this.

Same here. And I was worse, in my area there is no phone call support now, so I have to send an email. The review team replied they forward the problem to an internal team. And I wait for several days, no one contact me. So I can only submit a new app. When I try to delete the old app, I got "There are in app purchases in review, can't delete", so I delete all the subscriptions of it, but after that I still can't delete the old app.

Have the same problem. I uploaded a new version with some infos about the problem. The app is approved but the subscription is still "in review".

Same problem here! An app and one In-App Purchases item have been approved but 2 subscriptions are Waiting for Review status.

Add a Comment

Same here, still no reply from Apple

Same here. Contacted Apple about it.

Same problem. Tried contacting support. Got back email saying I should wait up to three business days and if not approved by then, contact the support again 😓

• Yeah. It's been 3 weeks now 😡

Add a Comment

Same problem here. I submitted a new app. It was first rejected due to a design issue. I corrected the indicated problem and then it was approved but subscriptions were stuck at "Waiting for review". In the subscriptions menu there is a message saying "A subscription has been returned and is highlighted in the table below." and there are exclamation marks near subscriptions however their status is in waiting for review and there is no message about rejection or it lets me change anything. I believe when the app was first rejected subscription status turns to rejected and then when app is approved they are somehow forgotten and now stuck in a weird status.

• I am also having the same issue. Subscriptions are stuck in "Waiting for review". I made the mistake by releasing my app thinking everything was good to go but now users will not be able to upgrade to my premium version. It's been 24 hours since my app was released to public. I guess I will give it another day before calling support.

• Mate, you just described exactly the situation I'm facing.

I've contacted support some minutes ago and hope they solve this as fast as possible.

My app is on sale on App Store but crashes when user tries to register a subscription. Screen simply turns gray, without any message.

• Same here the app got approved and went in production but the subscription was on Waiting for Review then nothing worked for the users! I sent an email to the support team let's hope they will fix it.

Add a Comment