Find My unable to connect to server

Anyone running iOS 15 beta having issues with Find My? I am able to locate myself however none of the other 5 members of my family. After opening Find My app I am presented with a dialogue box saying “Find My Unavailable - Unable to connect to the server. Please try again later.” I have restarted, turned on and off Find My…everything under the sun I could think of short of factory reset. Ideas?!

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Answered by richy in 680575022

Hey everyone,

You’re right—no fix in iOS 15.0 Beta 2 (19A5281h).

I have tried to be as meticulous as possible at troubleshooting; but this issue can only be solved with Apple’s help.

I have a ticket open with AppleCare Tier 2, and the case is being investigated by iCloud Engineering. I’ll contribute updates here with everyone.

After updating to iOS 15.0 Beta 1, the error on iPhone is:

• Settings > [Name] > Find My >
  • “Share My Location Unavailable.”
  • “Unable to connect to server. Please try again later.”

In an attempt to solve, I restored the iPhone to 14.6 and set up as new. However, the issue persists.

Find My ‘device’ cannot be enabled on:

• Apple Watch on watchOS 7.5
  • MacBook Air on macOS 11.4

And consequently, Find My ‘device’ via iCloud.com does not list Apple Watch or MacBook Air.

Find My Friends cannot be enabled on:

• iPhone on iOS 14.6

As you have all noted, elements of Find My ‘device’ and Find My Friends are accessible via iCloud.com.

This issue appears to be account related since it does not affect Apple IDs that have not been exposed to iOS 15.

Lastly, I have a Beta Feedback ticket ‘open’ which Apple has marked ‘more than 10 [users]’ affected.

Please try again later.

Have you taken enough time when you tried again? Apple's server related to WWDC may be getting too heavy and some services would not work properly.

And anyway, iOS 15 beta is a beta version of a product and it may contain many flaws or bugs. If the issue continues even if you try it later (with enough interval), you should better send a bug report.

No issues here. Perhaps there’s an intermittent outage of the servers?

That said, some additional things you can try are:

1. Confirm it’s not your internet connection. Does this happen on WiFi, cellular, or both?
  2. See if it has to do with the new private relay service by disabling it (double check if the toggle under cellular is disabled as well when you disable it under iCloud)
  3. Check if you have similar issues on another device, and/or another device that runs a production version of iOS

Ans of course, if the issue persist, file a bug report via Feedback Assistant.

Was not an issue with the software. Something corrupted my Apple ID and engineers are now attempting to figure out what and how to resolve and fix it.

Same issue here, have you solved and in which way?

Tpray519 - did Apple engineers fix this problem for you?

Same issue - on all my devices iOS / iPadOS 15 beta devices as well as iOS 14 devices. Issue has started this morning after I Have reset my Apple Watch with watchOS 8. After repairing the issue with „Find my“ Unavailable - Unable to connect so server has started. So must be related to the Apple ID. On a different iOS device I‘m using another Apple ID and there are no issues.

After installing iOS 15 beta 2 - no change, same issue

Same here. iOS 15 Beta 2 and issue persists.

Is there anything enabled in "Settings - Apple ID - iCloud - Find Me"? I'm having the same symptoms, and "icloud.kr.smoon.Adblock" is activated, and I don't know what it is, and it's not deactivated. Something tells me it's because of this, but I don't know how to solve it.

No they said this shouldn’t be happening and have no idea what is causing it.

Has anyone been successful in resolving this to date?

I am having the same issue. I installed iOS 15 on my old iPhone 8, then when my new iPad pro arrived and I tried to set it up I got an error trying to setup my Apple ID. And now the error has propagated to all my devices, even making my main iPhone 12 lock up temporarily when trying to access features related to my Apple ID. At a loss of what to do at this point. Have since taken iOS 15 off my old iPhone 8 but looks like the damage was done and now I’m stuck.

Accepted Answer

Hey everyone,

You’re right—no fix in iOS 15.0 Beta 2 (19A5281h).

I have tried to be as meticulous as possible at troubleshooting; but this issue can only be solved with Apple’s help.

I have a ticket open with AppleCare Tier 2, and the case is being investigated by iCloud Engineering. I’ll contribute updates here with everyone.

After updating to iOS 15.0 Beta 1, the error on iPhone is:

• Settings > [Name] > Find My >
  • “Share My Location Unavailable.”
  • “Unable to connect to server. Please try again later.”

In an attempt to solve, I restored the iPhone to 14.6 and set up as new. However, the issue persists.

Find My ‘device’ cannot be enabled on:

• Apple Watch on watchOS 7.5

And consequently, Find My ‘device’ via iCloud.com does not list Apple Watch or MacBook Air.

Find My Friends cannot be enabled on:

• iPhone on iOS 14.6

As you have all noted, elements of Find My ‘device’ and Find My Friends are accessible via iCloud.com.

This issue appears to be account related since it does not affect Apple IDs that have not been exposed to iOS 15.

Lastly, I have a Beta Feedback ticket ‘open’ which Apple has marked ‘more than 10 [users]’ affected.

Holy shit I thought I was going crazy. Im having this exact problem. Going from iOS 15 Beta 2 to iOS 14.6 is showing this error and have no idea what to do. My Mac Mini M1 had macOS 12 Beta and then i restored back to Big Sur with Apple Configurator, but it also cant enable Find My, and that one is worse, it cant even show up in Find My page, the iPhone does show.

does anyone have any updates on this? Has anyone been able to get through to Apple? I’ve had a bug report that is still listed as open, but no response to it. Apple Support went as far as they could go with their final answer being they’ve exhausted all options and was nothing more they could do about it.

Good news - just woke up and started “Find my” on my iPhone 12 Pro. And what should I say, the issue is fixed at least with my Apple ID and all my devices. So somebody must have fixed, something. Thank you Apple…

Hey everyone,

Thanks to @slotcarbuddy, I can report that Find My and Find My Friends are now working as expected across all devices.

All I needed to do on iPhone:

• Settings > [Name] > Find My > Use This iPhone as My Location

It appears that Apple has just resolved this account-related issue.

We rode the wave together! 😀

Hey Guys! Surprise, surprise! Today I logged in again and everything is working. I just need to re-add my Airtag after a reset. I hope your problem will be solved as well as mine. Peace!

After a very long night on the phone with engineers it seems the problem is solved…so hesitant to say solved. But all should be well now. If anyone has any issues and would like to x-ref my case let me know and I would be happy to share.

Hey everyone,

One final update from Engineering:

Hi Richy,

Changes have been deployed to the server today that may have resolved this issue.

Is this issue fixed for you?

I hope this issue is solved for everyone by now, including you, @bvledford?

Looking forward to troubleshooting a new issue with everyone! 🤪

I spoke with Craig Federighi today. The team is aware of the issue and are actively working on it. So at least we have been heard.

The team identified a second server issue and pushed out another fix in addition to the one that was pushed out a couple days ago. I can report that the issue has now cleared up for me and hopefully this bug is finally put to rest for everyone.

I am experiencing this problem as of Monday, Jul 26th. My iPhone 12 running IOS 15 beta 3 can make and receive cell phone calls, however, applications that use any type of data - cellular and network - are not working. Find My iPhone gives the same message - unable to connect to server.

I've rebooted numerous times and reset my network settings all to no avail.

I was experiencing the same issue, I went to the find My app, and agreed terms. It started working 🤷🏻‍♀️ This after I tried everything else. 🤦🏽‍♀️

I also went to find my and agreed to terms and everything is working fine

Find My unable to connect to server

Q