Find My unable to connect to server

Anyone running iOS 15 beta having issues with Find My? I am able to locate myself however none of the other 5 members of my family. After opening Find My app I am presented with a dialogue box saying “Find My Unavailable - Unable to connect to the server. Please try again later.” I have restarted, turned on and off Find My…everything under the sun I could think of short of factory reset. Ideas?!

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of Tpray519 Down vote post of Tpray519
32k views
  • Tpray519 - did Apple engineers fix this problem for you?

• No they said this shouldn’t be happening and have no idea what is causing it.

Add a Comment

Accepted Reply

Hey everyone,

You’re right—no fix in iOS 15.0 Beta 2 (19A5281h).

I have tried to be as meticulous as possible at troubleshooting; but this issue can only be solved with Apple’s help.

I have a ticket open with AppleCare Tier 2, and the case is being investigated by iCloud Engineering. I’ll contribute updates here with everyone.

After updating to iOS 15.0 Beta 1, the error on iPhone is:

• Settings > [Name] > Find My >
  • “Share My Location Unavailable.”
  • “Unable to connect to server. Please try again later.”

In an attempt to solve, I restored the iPhone to 14.6 and set up as new. However, the issue persists.

Find My ‘device’ cannot be enabled on:

• Apple Watch on watchOS 7.5
  • MacBook Air on macOS 11.4

And consequently, Find My ‘device’ via iCloud.com does not list Apple Watch or MacBook Air.

Find My Friends cannot be enabled on:

• iPhone on iOS 14.6
  • MacBook Air on macOS 11.4

As you have all noted, elements of Find My ‘device’ and Find My Friends are accessible via iCloud.com.

This issue appears to be account related since it does not affect Apple IDs that have not been exposed to iOS 15.

Lastly, I have a Beta Feedback ticket ‘open’ which Apple has marked ‘more than 10 [users]’ affected.

• Enjoy Tier 2! They sent me to Tier 2…few of the same phone calls with the same menial task requests of press this button…oh yeah still not working hmmm…and then the calls and support stopped and I was ghosted. I hope you have more patience than me. I will play the game until iOS 15 goes live to all users and if not fixed will be seeking legal action.

• Thank you for your thoroughness. I exhausted all options at troubleshooting on my end. The fix lies on Apple and the iCloud team. I’ve been sending in feedback as well and I see the same as you. Please keep us updated on anything you learn!

• Yep this is exactly what I have going on as well. Can't enable Find My on my Macs regardless of beta, etc.

I do have an open ticket with "more than 10" as well. Hopefully they fix it soon.

Thanks for posting this and keeping everyone else updated!

Replies

I have the same issue on iPhone running on iOS 16.1. It works with Wi-Fi but doesn’t using mobile data. I checked mobile data settings and it’s enabled for find my. I also tried to do disable find my, uninstall application signing off, and signing on again, to my Apple ID but nothing helps.

• Anything new? A family member has the same issue. Mobile data and location services everything on. iPhone 11 Pro iOS 16.1 Data Roaming tenerife

• I have the same issue. IOS version is 16.0.3. Find My works fine on WiFi. But when on cellular data, it shows unable to connect to server. All the settings are fine. Location services and cellular data are enabled for the app.

Add a Comment

Hi there,

You might have better luck asking this question over in Apple Support Communities run by Apple Support.

• Same for me, using iOS 16.1.1 (20B101). Not connectibg to server when using mobile data, but wifi

Restarted my phoneToggled all possible settings, combined with restarts (location , find my etc.)Resetted network settingsReinstalled Find My AppToggled time zone settingsToggled AirPlane ModeCreated hotspot to a friend and his Find My was still workingI can be found via Find MyI can’t delete someone I am following in Find MySame error show on Settings -> Name -> FindMy
Add a Comment