Test Flight "An error has occurred" - Export Compliance Information

I am trying to submit an iOS build to internal testing on App Store Connect. The build is uploaded and processed properly. However, when answering the Export Compliance Information question I get "An error has occurred. Try again later.". I have been able to submit this app many times before today. I checked the network logs and the App Store is giving the following error:

Code Block {
"errors" : [ {
"id" : "904dede1-5b87-4171-acf0-63d8430b0675",
"status" : "409",
"code" : "ENTITY_ERROR.ATTRIBUTE.INVALID",
"title" : "The provided entity includes an attribute with an invalid value",
"detail" : "You cannot update when the value is already set.",
"source" : {
"pointer" : "/data/attributes/usesNonExemptEncryption"
}
} ]
}

Is anyone else seeing this error today?

Replies

For me, this occurred when I provided my app's compliance information on the App Store tab. The Test Flight tab then still required compliance and the error occurred when I tried to complete it again from this tab. From the error "You cannot update when the value is already set." I am assuming the Test Flight tab is somehow not aware that the compliance is already provided.

I was able to fix the error by clearing site data (In Chrome: F12 -> Application -> Clear site data) and logging in again. From here, the Test Flight tab no longer asked for compliance information.
i'm having same issue.
Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of gp55 Down vote reply of gp55
same issue again!!!
Same problem. After waiting an hour, no change. "Export Compliance Information" "An error has occurred. Try again later."
Same issue here. What to do. Help me please
To solve this issue:
  1. Submit the build for review (not for Test Flight, but for final App Store release)

2. Test Flight status of the app will change from Missing compliance to Ready to submit

3. Developer Reject the build you just submitted for final review (unless you actually want it to be reviewed!)

That worked for me.

Same issue here. Cmon Apple!
when they gonna fix this shiit.
Same here, any work around please post.
Same issue here for me too, I submitted a bug report
Same issue here, this is quite humiliating and I don't know what to tell my customers except that Apple is broken. Please fix.
Just curious, has anyone been successful at actually "Trying agian later" as the error suggests?

I need to add new beta testers, should I try again later or is Testflight completely grounded?? Please someone let me know!

if you submit in the morning at least for me in US, I haven't had any issue, if i do after 2/3 PM, i still get same error, i have to wait till next day morning.

I was reviewing how to upload the beta versions of my application to TestFlight and I found that suffixes such as -beta1, -beta2 can be used, so, currently I had version 2.0.1 in production and I tried to upload 2.0.1-beta1 and this generated the error since I should have uploaded the beta of v2.0.2 and not v2.0.1 since the latter can no longer have betas because it is in production. So using 2.0.2-beta1 instead of 2.0.1-beta1 fixed the problem for me.

2024, issue appears again