iOS 14 Dev Beta 4 - Plenty of bugs

Using an iPhone XS Max. Curious if anyone else is seeing these issues with the Developer Beta 4 release:
  • Can't change volume on Bluetooth devices (incl AirPods) with the volume slider in Music, only the physical iPhone buttons.

• Phone shows on LTE, even though it is connected to WiFi. Eventually the WiFi icon may appear, or often a reset will correct it.

• Camera is unable to maintain focus. Looks as if it is searching for a focus point

• Safari enters a loop constantly refreshing the current page

• Phone crashes several times per day

• Will cease wireless charging until restarted.

• Asking Siri for current weather results in her prompting you to open this on the iPhone, except it is the iPhone. I've only seen this happen with HomePod before.

• Weather app has completely wrong weather data (suspect this is a holdover from Dark Sky which was horrible for central Texas). Says it is currently raining while under clear skies and 100° temp (also reports temperature as 72°).

Seems to me that, in my case, Beta 4 broke almost everything I use. Also, am I the only one who hates these new Forums? I miss being able to browse based on topic area. Now it's like trying to find a bit in a digital haystack.

Replies

Thankfully I have had your issues but beta 4 has by been the most unstable version. I have been having issues with AirPods if I’m listening to audio and I get a any kind of notification and i acknowledge it they disconnect in the audio comes through the phone. If I’m wearing my AirPods i can not make any outgoing calls because Audio on both ends is nonexistent. AirPods volume will randomly go up and down on their own plus volume controls for audio won’t work coming from watch only phone. My keyboard loves to disappear and then the screen freezes apps have been freezing randomly as well. Battery on my phone and watch has been terrible from the beginning with no improvement back to pre beta.
I have the same issue in my iphone 11 Pro
Yes, beta 4 appears to be a poorly tested release.
My camera only works right after a reboot as you stated. My AirPod pro won’t work for making a call. If I switch to speaker and then back to AirPods once the call connects it works.
Apps that we’re working now have issues.
poor battery...
I’m disappointed that it’s Friday and no new beta has been released. Weekly releases are clearly a two edge sword....

My front camera isn’t focusing; my rear camera is fine though. -IPhone 11 Pro Max
Ive had many of the same issues it’s SO ANNOYING
  • If i get a phone call i cant answer in AirPods Pro i have to put it on speaker and then reconnect the airpods

• I have announce messages on it reduces the volume and then wont put it back to where it was i have to manually do it on my phone

• Cant always control AirPod volume from my Apple Watch

• CAMERA FOCUS is ANNOYING - it tries to focus and cant going in and out of focus only thing that works is a restart and it keeps doing it.

• Unexpected App Crashes back to Home Screen in Instagram and other apps. BETA 5 better be PERFECT!

I’ve been having some really bad issues too since Beta 4 had released.
• Instagram crashes when I add someone to close friends or add something to my story from camera roll.
• Snapchat randomly crashes when I open a picture from my camera roll
• The keyboard overlaps the text field when i’m in apps other that system apps i.e Snapchat, Instagram, and Facebook
  • These apps have had updates since the 4th Beta release, so I know these aren’t app issues themselves.

My issues so far with Beta 4:

• Camera keeps focusing -> temporary fix is to reboot my phone

• Outgoing calls with AirPods Pro doesn't work -> temporary fix is to switch to speaker and back to AirPods

• Battery drain on the Apple Music app, phone start to warm up pretty bad.

iPhone XS Max
Camera will work again if you just close the camera and re-open
Would love to use my AirPods again to communicate without making everyone wait 10 seconds to switch to phone and back to airpods.

Pretty damn unstable at this point.
The problem I have with my Airpods Pro is when answering/making phone calls. What I do is switch the audio to either speaker or phone and then switch it back to my Airpods Pro. It is annoying but we are all participating in the Beta program to get these kind of issues fixed...So irritating during work calls where i keep switching from Speaker to Airpods everytime i get a call .....When is the fix coming as its been 3 weeks ....
I have the iPhone 11 and the iOS 14 won't let me open any apps and my phone won't turn off with the power button.
the iOS 14 something is wrong when I open a app there a blank white screen won’t let me go on app it happens every so often
So buggy. Don’t know where to start. AirPod mic stopped working properly. Music won’t play through car anymore. Simple stuff like having to reconfigure privacy settings for all your apps just to chromecast. My phone is less than a year old but can’t handle it properly. I’m all for innovation but if it’s not broken, don’t try and fix it. Especially just for irrelevant features
those carried over to public beta for cellphone modem firmware would loose connectivity and cause a battery drain on my iPhone 7. I was able to reboot the phone and it would connect. Then as of last night it lost all cellular connectivity so no calls or text.
I enjoy Apple will be very much
I’m using an IPhone 11 Pro Max and have iOS 14.3 installed and I have been suffering with radome restarts for ages now.

tried going to iOS 14.4 beta 1 and this didn’t fix it some im praying this is addressed in the public launch of 14.4