iOS 9 Beta battery life

It might be me, but iOS 9 Battery life so far has been painfully bad, down from 100% to 85% without using it much in 2 hours... has anyone experienced anything similar?'

I might try a complete restore since i only updated from iOS 8 to iOS 9 Beta, just curious to see if anyone else is in the same boat.....after all ...battery life is one of the focus for iOS9.

Andrea

Replies

Also homescreen has been 93% of usage

I'd put it down to the phone doing lots of stuff in the background like indexing things for the new search and Siri functions for now. This is always the case after a major update on OSX for me and given the changes in iOS this time around, I'd put it down to the same thing.

Give it a day or so, then see how the battery is coping.

I also had battery drain, every 3 minutes one per cent. I re-installed ios 9 beta again and now iphone 6 & 6+ work again with no power loss at all. Re-installing on iPad Air 2 now. Will check it.

(BTW, I had to re-install it 2 times on iphone 6 but it's woth it)

Yeah. That is also happening with me.

I never experienced so much battery drain in a iOS beta version.

Same here! I was using my phone as Normal in the car and the sunlight caused it to be really hot. I came home and let it sit and once I picked it up to use again, it got extremely hot at around the top of the screen area.

Yes my battery life on my iPhone 6 is terrible on iOS 9. As another person said it is mostly from the home/lock screen.

This is normal for betas. It will be resolved in the final version.

horrible battery life

Same exact issue. I will try to do a factory restore, then a icloud restore to see if it fixes the issue with it only showing home screen and siri as what is killing my battery life. Won't show any other apps that I used throughout the day today and I am down to 11% right now where I am usually at 65 or 70% on my iphone 67 plus at this time of day.

The phone is probably still indexing. Give it some hours before getting in panic mode 😉

I'm not sure if this is happening for everyone else but I filed a bug report on it. I had done a restore to put iOS 9 on and lost about 30% batter in standby. Home/Lock Screen took about 50% of the power, but Facebook was #2 for "background activity" even though I have backround app refresh disabled on Facebbook. This might be a possible case of the OS ignoring the BAR settings on some very hungry apps.

Have you ever done a iOS beta before? These are very much to be expected.

1. The claims they make will be what they are expecting for the final release

2. iOS 6 beta was significantly worse.

3. If you think this is bad... just wait, in the past the betas have gone from bad battery life to good, to bad again. They are working out the issues, you cannot expect this to work like a final product... because well, it is far from it.

Yea this is also happening to me but it happens in most betas and will be mostly fixed in official release

The main cause for this terrible battery drain is a background app refresh - even if you turned it off it does operate (also you can see it in the Battery statistics)
Just try to turn it on and off and check a result.

---

and now I'm restoring to ios 8.4

This is what I'm interested in. From a technical standpoint what causes battery life to be reduced during beta releases? The UI seems a little snappier as well as app switching and just general performance on my 6. I am also seeing the battery drain issue as per normal beta performance. Just interested in why. Obviously optimisation is key but is the OS collecting data on performance for Apple techs to analyse? And how much optimisation will apps need to do upon public release? I am finding software development more fascinating all the time :)