iOS 9 Beta battery life

It might be me, but iOS 9 Battery life so far has been painfully bad, down from 100% to 85% without using it much in 2 hours... has anyone experienced anything similar?'

I might try a complete restore since i only updated from iOS 8 to iOS 9 Beta, just curious to see if anyone else is in the same boat.....after all ...battery life is one of the focus for iOS9.

Andrea

Replies

Glad I'm not the only one experiencing it. I'm definitely gonna restore this is pretty bad

Everyone knows Mat is correct. This happens every single year, and people still mindlessly update their only device and complain despite "knowing it's only beta 1." Metrics are being gathered, Siri is probably indexing, and likely little to no effort has gone into optimization of code or battery life.

Complaining here because you "needed to say something" isn't really helpful to anyone, so don't get all offended when you receive responses reminding you that there should be no expectation at all regarding performance or battery life in the early betas. Battery life usually starts improving after beta 2 or 3.

I hope that some of this may be due to indexing and that it improves for you soon, but you may want to reset your expectations if it doesnt.

I really don't understand people complaining about battery life. I think it's all the peeps who just want to have ios9 and are not bothered about developing, This is always the case with betas. In all fairness the beta is to be installed on a test phone which will be at your computer while your testing apps so what's the problem.

I'm loosing 2% per minute. iPhone 6

Every ios early beta since the beginning of time has done this. There is diagnostic data to be collected, things have not been optimized, etc.

You may learn eventually then to only put betas on development devices. Sorry but you knew it going into it.

I am seeing significant issues with battery life, but I guess it is BETA, so I am going to just have to live with that and hope it will improve. All we can do is be good testers and download our battery logs and send them to Apple for looking at.

Glad to see it's happening to everyone, else there'd be something to worry about 🙂

Personally, my test device is currently at 13% at 5pm, usually it'd be around 60% so the power usage sure is off, but the point is that it does not matter. As has already been said, there's likely no power conservation going on right now, and I'd expect low level logging is active.

Leave the device plugged in all day (like I will be tomorrow!!)

As for "development device only" I fully agree, yet I happily install on my primary iPhone6 because that is my dev device. If it breaks or goes on fire, I have a perfectly good iphone 5S that I can live with. Hard to get to grips with an OS and do testing if you dont actually use the phone! So yeah, installing on primaries is fine in my opinion; but only if you dont really care about things like data loss and power loss !

I don't see people complaining here....rather discussing about battery life...

You might have an app that needs indoor testing.... not everyone does 😉

I understand what people are saying. OF COURSE it's not unusual that the beta is eating battery life - it seems like early betas almost always have this problem.

It's just that, battery life was a major feature in the presentation. It was expected. Therefore, it's interesting that the first thing the beta does is kill the battery since they talked so much about how it _wouldn't_ kill the battery.

Anyway - just testing out this forum. Not sure I like it. 😁

Yah Why does my battery go from 100% to 0% in 5 hours and only 2 hours of use?

This is because most betas are not optimized for battery life. They are optimized to capture debugging logs and have the CPU cranked. You should never install it on a personal phone. I've learned about this all too well. You're better off downgrading to IOS 8.3 and just use the simulator.

The absurd battery consumption let this one the worst beta I ever installed. It is a beta, but still remains simply ridiculous.

Fortunately for them the device used during the keynote was plugged somewhere, or simulated...

I Think that Apple, same as other producers, must definitely eliminate from their goals the record of the "thinner phone" installing a BIGGER and more decent battery into any device.

Same here, 30% lost with NO wifi, 3G, and in App Battery usage statistics, is Stocks (50%) in Background but... Background task is unactivated on my phone

If any little workaround is find, just tell !

My iPhone 6 is losing battery and getting hot. This will be a big issue if not fixed.