Invalid icon name (AppIcon44x44@2x.png) and ITMS 90363/90391

Hi together,

yesterday I just tried to upload a minor update and I got the error "Invalid Icon Name - The watch application '...' contains an invalid icon file name '.../AppIcon44x44@2x.png'". I've to mention, that I didn't make any changes at my icon set.

I tried to fix this issue by changing all the names of my icons as suggested (AppIconXXxXX@YY.png). However, same error message. Then I deleted my image assets, the dervied data and added new assets with new catalogs (for watch, for iPhone/iPad). This solved the error above, but I got two new errors: (ITMS 90363 & 90391). I tried to fix that by deleting all CFBundleImage entries in my plists. Then I still got the error 90391.

After spending hours on hours I don't no how to proceed! Does anyone know this issue? How to solve that?

Walter

Same here -- I'm getting that identical error (as an XCode "Warning") this evening on archive upload to the App Store. Since it's just a warning and I know I've included all the necessary icon files (properly named) I believe it's probably safe to ignore.

Ditto. Got the same error for an archive which only had source code changes from two weeks ago. I'm going to ignore and let Apple fix this. They're always moving the goalposts.

Same here.

Dear Apple:

This is the sort of thing that annoys the heck out of us developers. We run around in circles for hours (at our own cost) trying to fix something that really isn't broken. Please grandfather old submissions and eliminate these sort of warnings. Does it really matter what the file names are? The naming convention in this warning should only affect submissions going forward, and not apps that have been in the pipeline.

Thank you.

>by changing all the names of my icons as suggested (AppIconXXxXX@YY.png). However, same error message

If you juggled names in place, Xcode may doggedly ignore the changes.

Best way is to remove the image(s), rename in the Finder, then add back, being sure to use Xcode's Product menu, option key pressed, selecting 'clean build folder', otherwise the old image name may stick around...

I logged a radar on this, 23773639, but it was closed with a link to the app rejection appeal process (which seems to indicate they didn't understand what I was reporting), and I can't re-open it.

I have reported this issue as 23821182. Will update if I hear anything.

“Engineering has determined that your bug report is a duplicate of another issue and will be closed.”

The original bug report (23757670) is marked as open. Please file duplicate reports.

I'm getting this too. All the filnames are correct. I don't understand how AppIcon44x44@2x.png is not considered the proper format. Did all the option-clean and clean. Still same message.

HI Joro1,

Is it safe to ignore? after so many days, how's the review result?

The update I submitted, for which I received this warning, was approved. It seems safe to ignore.

I submitted a bug and was told it was a duplicate of 23859182.

same issue on XCode 7.2, supported both WatchOS 1 and OS2.

I have finally solved it. Error message is so vague and obscure. I added that icon before since Xcode didn't allow me to upload WatchOS build without that icon. However that icon is actually supported by WatchOS 1 only.So if you only target WatchOS 2 and want to get rid of that error, go to your AppIcon and select only "watchOS All Versions" and remove tick box next to "watchOS 1.0 Specific". When you do this, your AppIcon44x44@2x.png will be unassigned. Get rid of that file by deleting it and your project will build without a warning.

Worked like a charm!

Invalid icon name (AppIcon44x44@2x.png) and ITMS 90363/90391

Q