Only window of achievements, no leaderboards

I can not show the leaderboard window. Only the achievement window is showing.

GKGameCenterViewController *gameCenterController = [[GKGameCenterViewController alloc] init];

if (gameCenterController != nil)

{

gameCenterController.gameCenterDelegate = self;

//not available for tvOS gameCenterController.viewState=GKGameCenterViewControllerStateLeaderboards;

[self presentViewController: gameCenterController animated: YES completion:nil];

}

Any advices? Thank you!

Accepted Reply

Man, I really wish I could post screenshots like I could with the old Developer Forum...

Are your Leaderboard icons in the images.xcassets root level? Not in the Brand Assets, right? Also, in the Info pane on the right there is a Layers list. Be sure that list matches what you gave it. I've got Leaderboad icons with both 3 and 2 layers, and they seem to be working.

-Brian

Replies

I found the same situation for some of my games. However, some games need not removing grp. Furthermore, 1 leaderboard needs and the other does not need for a certain game!

Yes, the new leaderboard must be a grp prefixed name because it belongs to a group!

Very strange to find that one of two leaderboards that I defined in the image.asset begin to show on the screen, together with the other one. Previously (about 30 minutes before), only one leaderboard is on the screen. Only a re-launch of the game.

I also noticed once before that the image did not show on the screen, but the leaderboad name showed. However, a relauch fixed the this issue.

This series of posts was great. I just followed the instructions to add the GameCenter->New Apple TVLeaderboard and popped by unqualified leaderboard id in the specified field. For the images I just dropped in the same random 1024x1024 image for all and it worked a treat! Thanks!

hi, const,

1. What do you mean "unqualified leaderboard id". I read the same phrase elsewhere, but still don't understand what it is referring.

2. You mean a non 16:9 image works?

Thank you!

659 x 371 per the guidelines at https://developer.apple.com/tvos/human-interface-guidelines/icons-and-images/

Like other TV images be sure the back image is opaque and no alpha.

Agreed. I only needed to use the leaderboard identifier like I did with iOS without any bundle ID prefix.

This helped me! Thanks a ton. :-)

Anyone else who has reached this point and is still pulling out their hair.... in App Store Connect, it's not enough to just have set up the leaderboards on the 'Features' tab. You also need to link the leaderboard to the app on the 'App Store' tab too.

Tick the Game Center tick box halfway down the page and then select the leaderboards to include in this app version.