Magic Mouse 1 will not scroll on latest iPadOS 13.4 beta

Hi,

I am having a problem with my Magic Mouse gen 1. I have tried pairing it with my iPad numerous times and while it pairs, tracks, and selects things perfectly I am completely unable to scroll webpages or anything else and am forced to use my finger to do so. I have seen lots of people on YouTube using the Magic Mouse gen 2 and it works perfectly so I'm wondering, what about the 1st generation Magic Mouse is causing it to behave this way? Is it just because it's old and I need a new mouse? I'm just looking for answers right now so if the answer is just flat out no, then I can go get a new mouse to use but if anybody else has managed to scroll with the 1st generation Magic Mouse then I would like to know what I'm doing wrong because having a mouse that I can use properly with my iPad would be a huge asset to me.

Thanks in advance!

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of Shock9616 Down vote post of Shock9616
51k views
  • Same situation here, Magic Mouse 1st gen with IPad Pro 11 inch 2018 version. It really annoys me since I really think this is a easy fix by Apple!

• same here, im on ipad air 4th gen with mm1 not able to use scrolling feature. I feels like this is the most low standard not able to fix by Apple. with ios 14.5.1 still not able to scroll :(

• I have had the same problem and wanted to avoid buying a MM2 since I‘ve two MM1 laying around. I did some cross checking and found that the good old Mighty Mouse (this one with the trackball) works excellent on my iPad Pro 11 with iPadOS 15.0.2. The trackball allows also allows horizontal movement, depending on the active app and the home function works too.

Replies

Same problem with MM1 + iPad Pro 9,7" using iPadOS 14.0.1, mouse gesture working fine on an iMac, it's just not working on the iPad. Please fix this Apple.
Only Logitech MX Master Mac offers scrollwheel functionality.
Really pitty for not having original Apple equipment working on an Ipad Pro 2020. Hopefully in the future it will.

Having same issue here! latest iPadOS Beta.

Please fix this issue with Magic Mouse 1st Gen, Apple!
Problem remains the same: Magic Mouse 1 won’t scroll when using it with my iPad Air 4
Apple Products = Rubbish
I don’t think the scrolling will ever work with mm1. The fact that it was possible somewhere along the iOS v.13 or so was rather a mistake that was quickly put in order :) Look, this thread has more then 35k views and apple still doesn’t give a jack about the issue. They simply want you to dig out of your pocket another 100 bucks for mm2. If you consider every one of the 35k viewers here buys a mouse worth 100 bucks, the sum is quite substantial ain’t it? There you have your reason as to why apple won’t fix the issue. End of the story.

Ps. At the time I wrote this comment iOS had the version mark of 14.2 and the scrolling on mm1 still hasn’t been solved.
The best work around for now is to use 'Assistive Touch'. It won't have the sleek mouse animations that conforms to the content, but rather is more like a finger. This way you can at least click and drag to scroll. I wish the scroll wheel would work, but for now, this is the best alternative.
Same issue here with iPad Pro and MM1. Latest iPadOS software. Please apple fix this.
Feb/2021 here, and now Apple has officially declared that the first-gen of their Magic Mouse and Trackpad is NOT supported by iPadOS. Meaning: it is not a bug, it’s just how Apple chose to approach this. And then they call themselves “eco-friendly”... the amount of electrical waste this one small feature will generate by making people buy other mouses is just mind-blowing. At least in respect to myself, I will not be buying the Magic Mouse 2 any time soon, Apple. Thanks capitalism!
  • Thanks for sharing this. I was gonna buy my cousins MM1 just to throw it in my iPad pro bag.

Add a Comment
The MM1 does not scroll on iPad but it scrolls perfectly on another Android tablet which runs Android Pie 9.0. How hilarious!
Seriously, officially not supporting? And I was using it with all swipe and scroll functionality while I was on the beta. Then stop it ?
At least we need to know why to buy a new mm2 instead. Already paid a fortune on mm1 and still as new.
Currently using iPad OS 14.5.1 and the MM1 scroll STILL does not work. It’s obvious to me that Apple just wants you to buy the NEWER mouse. This is the kind of crap that they constantly pull and the only reason is MONEY. I can also pair this mouse with a non-Apple tablet and the scroll feature works, but it doesn’t work on an APPLE device. Utterly ridiculous.

I have the same problem, I find it stupid! How can you not have a scroller function on a mouse!!! It is crazy. PLEASE FIX!!!

Any update on this topic?

How is this even possible, any third part mouse does not have this problem. Do we geht punished since we bought an Apple product?

Please fix this issue!

Planned obsolescence. Nice one Apple.. considering changing to a more serious brand now. Hope someone gets this cracked, because you're essentially blocking the inherent functionality of the mouse.

• Yeah im sure they planned this back in 2006 when this mouse came out and in 2015 when the Magic Mouse two came out, a mouse that’s already 7 years old. Totally planned obsolescence.

Add a Comment