Magic Mouse 1 will not scroll on latest iPadOS 13.4 beta

Hi,

I am having a problem with my Magic Mouse gen 1. I have tried pairing it with my iPad numerous times and while it pairs, tracks, and selects things perfectly I am completely unable to scroll webpages or anything else and am forced to use my finger to do so. I have seen lots of people on YouTube using the Magic Mouse gen 2 and it works perfectly so I'm wondering, what about the 1st generation Magic Mouse is causing it to behave this way? Is it just because it's old and I need a new mouse? I'm just looking for answers right now so if the answer is just flat out no, then I can go get a new mouse to use but if anybody else has managed to scroll with the 1st generation Magic Mouse then I would like to know what I'm doing wrong because having a mouse that I can use properly with my iPad would be a huge asset to me.

Thanks in advance!

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of Shock9616 Down vote post of Shock9616
51k views
  • Same situation here, Magic Mouse 1st gen with IPad Pro 11 inch 2018 version. It really annoys me since I really think this is a easy fix by Apple!

• same here, im on ipad air 4th gen with mm1 not able to use scrolling feature. I feels like this is the most low standard not able to fix by Apple. with ios 14.5.1 still not able to scroll :(

• I have had the same problem and wanted to avoid buying a MM2 since I‘ve two MM1 laying around. I did some cross checking and found that the good old Mighty Mouse (this one with the trackball) works excellent on my iPad Pro 11 with iPadOS 15.0.2. The trackball allows also allows horizontal movement, depending on the active app and the home function works too.

Replies

No scroll support? For a device made by the same brand? Unbelievable, this is just preposterous!
It used to work perfectly fine with iPadOS 13.1 all the way up to 13.3 and they decided to drop support, that's just wrong because me and everyone who used it before 13.4 knows it used to work excellent, "laptop replacement" they said, sure
Same problem here that my Magic Mouse does not scroll in my iOS 13.5 iPad Pro 2019. Please fix the problem Apple!!!!!!!
Exact same issue here: Magic Mouse 1 will not scroll on the iPad Pro 2020 12.9" (current version: 13.4.1).

I went on Apple's chat support and they're saying it might be a glitch in the software, so they're going to try to update the iOS version on the iPad and hope that it will resolve this issue. They also said that if the issue persists after the update, then the next option would be to have the iPad and mouse inspected by one of their technicians. Now, because lots of people are having the same issue, I don't think a technician will figure the issue out by looking at the equipment we already own - the issue is with everyone, not just a particular device.

The assistant I chatted with also sent a message to www.apple.com/feedback to report this issue.

Fingers crossed they will sort this out for us and we can carry on using the Magic Mouse 1.

I would recommend for more people to report this issue to Apple. The more the merrier I think!
Same problem here. Just spent on an iPad pro so be nice if it worked
I am having the same problem. Using iPad Pro 12.9 2nd gen with 13.6. Please fix this issue Apple.
Was gifted an old apple mouse from my father and was looking forward to using it on my ipad in combination with a keyboard only to find out it won’t work. Even if it’s actually not possible, to hear something about it from apple would be nice. If it is possible and they’re just not doing it then that’s unacceptable.
Come on Apple could really be that difficult for you to create some code in your next update to allow scrolling on the MM1? Maybe you could see it as a blessing during a pandemic.
im having the same problem here, I have the iPad Air 2 running iPadOS 14.0 Beta and I have the Magic Mouse 1, I’m unable to scroll and have to keep using my fingers to scroll , I thought the mouse was supposed to help you so u don’t have to scroll with your fingers. Everything works perfectly fine on my MacBook Pro mid 2014 so what’s wrong with the iPads? Apple please fix this
I am having the same problem on my ipad, even the latest update hasnt fixed the scrolling issue with Magic Mouse.
Not sure by when will it be fixed. Does it have the same issue with a trackpad?

On IPadOS14 and still having the issue.... This will never get fixed....
Exactly the same issue while testing a friends Magic Mouse 1st Gen. with my IpadPro 1st gen. Was thinking to buy an apple mouse, but now I know it is a known issue, I will avoid buying an apple mouse until it is solved. My first Apple product. I totally didn’t expect this! I thought such compatibility issues didn’t happen with Apple products.
Doesn’t work for me either. Steve Job’s subterranean rotational rate continues to grow as Apple’s QC continues to slide...
My trackpad will not scroll nor does Tap work when connected to IPAD pro 12.9. This is a real pity. The device works perfectly well with MacBooks.

Hope Apple will fix !
Yip. Spent some time today trying to figure out what was going on. (IPad Air 3 and Magic Trackpad 1) If this is a deliberate design decision its really bad form. Hopefully we get a resolution from Apple.
Hi so i have an iPadPro 2017 12.9 inch and i usually use it as a literal computer,i connect my magic keyboard 1 and magic mouse 1 and keyboard works grate but the mouse dos not everything works fine in the mouse apart of no scrolling at all but when i connect my mouse to my iMac or macbook it works 100% of the time the mouse also sometimes freezes and disconnects and connects again any way to fix it btw im using iPad os 14.0.1. Lates relies btw i have been using the mous sinse the first beta of ipados 13 and its still having the same problems