Cannot Renew Apple Developer Membership

Hi Everyone,

I've been trying desperately to renew my Apple Developer membership for weeks without success.

Upon logging in, I receive the prompt below:

Your Apple Developer Program membership has expired.

Renew your membership to keep your access to program benefits and services. Once renewed, be sure to agree to your Paid Applications Agreement in the Agreements, Tax and Banking section of App Store Connect.

After providing my information (identical to my enrollment information) and credit card details, I receive a notification and email stating my order has been received and will be processed within 48 hours. My credit card is not charged at any point (should it be charged immediately) and the prompt above still appears on my dashboard. I receive no communication after 48 hours and the prompt remains on the dashboard.

I have tried:

• Contacting my bank - no issues their side.
  • Multiple credit cards - same issue.
  • Contacting Apple Dev Support (3 weeks ago) - they haven't been able to provide a solution after multiple back-and-forths.

I'm at a complete loss, and we desperately need to get back up and running so we can submit an app.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, and I'd be happy to provide more information.

Thanks,

Shaun

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of bodymindzone Down vote post of bodymindzone
40k views
  • i am also facing the same problem Your Apple Developer Program membership wasn’t renewed successfully.

• Facing the same issue. How did you resolved it?

Add a Comment

Replies

Same problem. I tried to use the card I used last year (which already past through without CVV last year), and using Safari as well but no luck. Last year at least when I used another card at first I still got the email saying the payment didn't proceed well, but this time there's no error message. I simply found out that the renewal was failed from apple order list. Support from support form (about account renewal) only saying that the payment cannot be proceeded, and my reply after that doesn't get any response at all.

Guys, I found the solution and would love to share my detailed trouble shooting steps with you all, as the only real solution in this forum that could potentially help you out. I know how frustrating it can be, causing losses in our business every second because of this issue. Luckily, I was able to get this problem solved and successfully renewed our membership, after researching and fumbling in the dark for two days. Please read the following carefully:

1. Find the EXACT Apple ID account where you made the last membership subscription renewal.

• Note: it may not be the same as the Account Holder of App Developer. If you have multiple accounts and are not 10000% sure which account, I strongly recommend you to login to different accounts UNTIL you find the one where you can locate that membership subscription under Payment History, or if that developer membership subscription shows up under Subscriptions.
  • ? Where can you see Payment History/Subscriptions of an Apple ID? Follow this step on your iPhone: Settings>Apple ID profile tab(on the very top)>Media & Purchases>View Account>Purchase History/Subscriptions

2. Once you found that EXACT account you made the purchase, you're half way there. Now, change the country of this account to the country where you've made that membership subscription last time OR to the country where you initially subscribed to this App Developer membership.

• Seems like you can only be able to subscribe/renew your membership through the same country where you made the last renewal, OR where you've agreed to App Developer Agreement. In my case, those are the same country, so I couldn't figure out the distinguisher. Please try out the possible countries one at a time, follow step 3 and repeat, if you potentially have a lot of options.
  • ? The reason behind this? I'm guessing it's because there might be some legal agreement concern that is regional.

3. Finally, you will be able to see the Renew button again in the Apple Developer App, once you've done the above steps. You might need to login through the Account Holder Apple ID in the Apple Developer App, however, for the Renew button to show up, you need to follow step 1, find that account, and follow step 2, try out countries where you might have agreed the Developer Agreement at.

Above is what helped me to suddenly saw the renew button popped up on my screen. And my thinking for the reasons behind. Hope it's helpful for you and everyone here researching in this forum who's been struggling for this same issue.

The problem is with 3d bank secure protection... The iOS Developer app does not support it and transaction is rejected by bank / the same problem on OS Chrome explorer… BUT I have successfully renew via iOS Safari! Try it ;)

My issue is resolved. I was unable to renew my dev membership trying for several weeks. In the iPhone Developer app by pressing "renew" I was getting an error. On the dev website, I made a payment with a credit card and waited for weeks but with no success. I tried Apple support but it was not useful.

Eventually, on the developer website, I made payment via Debit Card, and it was successful within 3 hours of payment my account was renewed. The debit card was the same which I used the previous year to create the account. Also, remember that while making payments on Apple through iPhone or Web UI, Apple does not ask for CVV, and payments are deducted right away.

Thanks @adeel-k !! It worked. If I tried payment through the Developer app it never worked.

The solution was to use Safari in my iPad and then visit https://developer.apple.com/ in the "Account" section, look for the Renew now button (or something like that), after that I used the same credit card as before but now it asked me to update some Address information. The payment went trough immediately.

Good luck!

I was stuck too but managed to solve by downloading Developer App into my mac then renewing App Developer Program , It has worked without the 2 business days delay , although it has charged me 119.99 Dollars. I hope it helps someone

Try to renew it from Macbook's App store Apple Developer app. Im facing the same issue using chrome or safari to renew the program.