Displaying discount subscription from code / deep link

I want to offer a discounted version of a subscription to some users. Plan to do this by having two version of the subscription, a normal one a discounted one.

Then I want to be able to present the discounted subscription when the user either enters a 'promo code' or tap a universal link from outside of the app.

Does anyone know if any of this is outside of the App Store rules ?

Thanks.

Replies

If that means the app's UI shows a different price-based IAP/subscription purchasing option depending on how they come into your app, you may be better suited selling say multiplatform services, in which case as long as you follow the ASRGs, it's up to you how you funnel the user to which content, usually by capturing receipt/transaction info on your own server that couples with a login. Just be sure to provide sufficient functionality without logging in to keep app review happy.

>Then I want to be able to present the discounted subscription when the user either enters a 'promo code' or tap a universal link from outside of the app.

I believe this would not satisfy this guideline:

3.1.1 In-App Purchase:

If you want to unlock features or functionality within your app, (by way of example: subscriptions, in-game currencies, game levels, access to premium content, or unlocking a full version), you must use in-app purchase. Apps may not use their own mechanisms to unlock content or functionality, such as license keys, augmented reality markers, QR codes, etc.....

You can use the promo codes provided by Apple (in limited numbers) to unlock an IAP and use that unlocked IAP to provide access to the discounted subscription. But you cannot use you own promo code or universal link to gain access to the discounted IAP. The issue is preventing your 'selling' such access outside of the IAP (70/30) system.