Visibility of the Support URL in the App Store

Hello all,

I have noticed that the Support URL that we provide as part of the Metadata in iTunes Connect is easily visible when visitng an app on iTunes Website on a PC browser, however when visitng an app in the App Store on an iPhone the Support URL can not be seen.

For example for the 'Google Maps - Navigation & Transit', the support URL can easily be seen with the text 'Google Maps - Navigation & Transit Support' when visitng the iTunes page here -> https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/google-maps-navigation-transit/id585027354?mt=8, however when visting the same app on the App Store on a device such as an iPhone the Support URL cannot be seen.

Is the Support URL visible to users who use App Store at all? If it is, where can it be found?

Thank you in advance

Replies

I have noticed the same thing, although the support URL does appear on an iPad2 search of the store. Just not iPhone with iOS 11.

An 'update' for anyone who may be interested, I decided to delete my app off a registered phone and then purchased it from the app store. I now have visibility to ratings (which makes sense), and the Support url (which makes less sense - especially since iOS 9.3.5 allowed a store browser to see the support url without making a purchase). Investigating the support url might allow the Store browser to make a more informed purchasing decision. I guess this is no longer the case. I have had an engineering ticket open with Apple on this for over a month now. They claim it is an iOS 11 and Store 'issue'. At this point it's not clear (to me) whether or not anything will change going forward.

FYI. It has been over three months with not a peep from Apple on this open "Engineering ticket" item. I have abandoned any hope of response from Apple. I can only assume Apple does not want anyone to see the app support URL unless you purchase the app.

See

Support URL missing on iPhone, not iPad?

for other related comments.