App bundle question

Here is my situation.

When I first launched my apps, I had separate versions for iPhone and iPad.

I am now making one universal version and will kill the iPad only version. Which leaves a bunch of users who won’t get any future updates (unless the pay a SECOND TIME for the universal version)

I was looking at doing an app bundle containing the now universal version and the iPad only version so they have a chance to get it without paying again, then after a short time I will remove the iPad version from the store.

Here is my question…

The iPad version is currently $3.99 (same as the universal). So I would price the bundle at $3.99, so they shouldn’t have to pay more, right?

Another question: The app was priced at $2.99 previously…so if someone bought it at that time…would they be expected to pay the extra buck now?

Thanks for your input

Noel

Accepted Reply

For future reference for anyone who might find this information helpful:
I was able to get a reply from a senior Apple Advisor. Here is what I was told:

Customers who previously purchased one or more apps in an app bundle can use the Complete My Bundle feature and will see the bundle price adjusted to account for those previous purchases. If the customer spent more on the individual apps than the current price of the bundle, then the bundle will be available for free.

Users do not receive any refunds for paying more than the cost of the App Bundle and you will not be expected to pay Apple for any refunds given to customers.

Replies

According to the docs, yes.

"App bundles offer an easy way for your customers to purchase up to 10 of your paid iOS apps at a reduced price. Customers who previously purchased one or more apps in an app bundle can use the Complete My Bundle feature and will see the bundle price adjusted to account for those previous purchases."

For future reference for anyone who might find this information helpful:
I was able to get a reply from a senior Apple Advisor. Here is what I was told:

Customers who previously purchased one or more apps in an app bundle can use the Complete My Bundle feature and will see the bundle price adjusted to account for those previous purchases. If the customer spent more on the individual apps than the current price of the bundle, then the bundle will be available for free.

Users do not receive any refunds for paying more than the cost of the App Bundle and you will not be expected to pay Apple for any refunds given to customers.

The wording still seems unclear, tho, in that they say 'users won't receive refunds', but 'you don't have to pay for any refunds that are given', all in the same sentence. At least you have it on record from Apple that you won't be on the hook for refunds either way.