iTunes taking several hours or days to Process uploads

Filed as a bug: 22658008

It's unacceptable that suddenly all builds uploaded (above 30mb or so, but these turn into 150mb or more when bitcode is included) take several hours or days even in Processing time. They don't come out of this state and it's impossible to test apps using TestFlight anymore. We sit and wait but testers run out of patience and bugs need to be identified and squashed in a timely fashion.

Replies

I am having the same issue. I have uploaded builds for internal testing using XCode 7 and iOS 9 GM SDK and they are just sitting there processing. It would be nice if someone from Apple would comment on what is going on. Hello? Apple?

Same here. Been on the phone with Apple for an hour today, they are looking into the issue, no solution yet though. Do your binaries include bitcode? Or on-demand-resources? Mine have 1.1GB ODR and bitcode disabled. I have builts with Xcode beta and GM, no difference. Sitting in "processing" for weeks, GM builds for 48 hours...

We are experiencing the same issue. Uploaded a build last night and it's still processing. Contacted Apple and we are being asked to submit another build see if it works but it's still "processing". Our binary is about 67MB and bitcode is disabled. Any help from Apple would be nice. 😟

I've been submitting builds with On-Demand Resources for a few weeks now, some small and some multi gigabyte, with limited success. I've seen a few problems:

1) Getting a warning email from ITC that the app name is longer than 64 characters when it actually isn't. This usually puts the build into a permanent Processing state, which has lasted weeks. I haven't seen this since the GM releases of iOS 9 and Xcode last week, thankfully.

2) ODR was getting bundled into the app at download time in spite of being marked for later download. This, too seems to have disappeared since last week.

However, there still seems to be something in the ITC Processing phase that is not scaling well. A build with 1 GB of ODR might take 4 or 5 hours of Processing, but a build with 2 GB of ODR might take nearly 24 hours. However, it is much better now than it was a few weeks ago, so I suspect Apple is scrambling to fix these issues.

So this seems to affect mostly binaries with ODR. Did you also include bitcode? Did you get the warnings in the upload summary? My uploads finish successfully without warnings, then "processing" forever.

Same thing here. Even just got Apple's email to submit iOS 9 app, my app still in "Processing" for more than a day. Hope Apple can fix it soon.

My builds are all stuck in limbo, but I have Bitcode turned off, and I didn't enable anything else unique for Xcode 7 or iOS 9.

-Brian

Did anyone get through? Been processing forever.

same here, all uploads for iOS 9 apps from Xcode 7 stuck in Processing limbo. Uploaded after Apple's "you can now uplaod for iOS 9 email"

I just checked and saw that one of my test-builds finished processing overnight (2-8 hours). It was the one, where I disabled ODR. So now it has a installation size of 1.1GB 😟. I will try again with ODR enabled, and check whether the "submit now" email has anything to do with it. Could anyone with ODR try to disable it?

Where did you see the processing?

Mine gone successful but after a day, still did not see it in iTunes Connect.

On the top row select the second tab (between versions and price). Should read something like "prerelease". There you will see the status of all your builds you submitted.

How long did you all have to wait for the status to change from Processing to Available? I would like to submit my app today but am still waiting for status to change 😟

I experimented with the size of my on demand resources: I submitted builds with 1.1GB, 700MB and 400MB respectively. The build with 700 MB went through after 6 hours. The rest together with 15 other builds is still stuck in processing limbo. This is really getting annoying, I will call them again today.

Please let us know the results after you contact support.

I've been trying to report this problem for weeks, but every avenue gets shut down because "it's still beta".

I really want to know if support will handle this yet. In the meantime, my builds only progress through Processing if I greatly reduce the on-demand resources I include.