So near - Yet so far...

With XCode7 Beta 6 I can now:

• build my (non bitcode) app with its (bitcode) WatchOS2 extension.

• submit it to iTunes Connect.

• enable internal testing

• install the iOS app

but....

• I cannot install the WatchOS2 app:

Aug 25 11:48:26 dbroads-iPhone companionappd[14648] <Notice>: (Error) WatchKit: validateWatchKitApplicationInfoDictionary, invalid Info.plist key 'DTThinningTraits'
Aug 25 11:48:26 dbroads-iPhone companionappd[14648] <Notice>: (Error) WatchKit: <SPApplicationManager.m -[SPApplicationManager applicationInstallationInfoWithIdentifier:idsPriority:installer:error:]:2074> plugin validation error for uk.co.xxxx.watchkitapp
Aug 25 11:48:26 dbroads-iPhone companionappd[14648] <Notice>: (Note ) WatchKit: application (uk.co.xxxx.watchkitapp), install status: 8, message: installation error

It looks like the current build of WatchOS2 can't cope with app thinning?

Accepted Reply

I fear we have to wait for WatchOS2 GM before Testflight is going to work....

Replies

How did you build the binary? Just using the Xcode archive action? or did you use the xcodebuild command line tool?

xcodebuild command line, I have a build machine.

That offending plist entry doesn't exist in my archive though, so has been added later.

I was having issues using xcodebuild too, but only for enterprise distribution (similar issue about app thinning when trying to export the archive).

I've ended up trying out the Xcode archive build step and successully got it uploaded to iTunes Connect however i'm just in the processing stage atm so will have to wait and see if it works...

I'm having the exact same problem installing my Watch app. Is there any way to turn off app thinning so I can distribute my Watch app through TestFlight?

I also am having this exact same problem.

Same thing here.. App installs fine via xcode directly, but if I want to install the same build via TestFlight the Watch app never installs and gives this error.

Any updates here?

<Error>:  SecTrustEvaluate  [leaf IssuerCommonName SubjectCommonName]
Sep  1 11:16:26 Krisss-iPhone companionappd[1591] <Notice>: (Error) WatchKit: validateWatchKitApplicationInfoDictionary, invalid Info.plist key 'DTThinningTraits'
Sep  1 11:16:26 Krisss-iPhone companionappd[1591] <Notice>: (Error) WatchKit: <SPApplicationManager.m -[SPApplicationManager applicationInstallationInfoWithIdentifier:idsPriority:installer:error:]:2074> plugin validation error for

I fear we have to wait for WatchOS2 GM before Testflight is going to work....

So GM is out, just submitted the build using the latest xcode 7 GM, trying to install the app on the watch and still nothing.. I hope this gets resolved asap. Anybody else tried with todays GM release?

Apologies, it got installed after a while on the watch! So the latest GM resolves this issue for me! Let us know if others have success!

GM fixed this issue for me as well.