0 Replies
      Latest reply on Aug 3, 2015 3:01 PM by daltheman
      daltheman Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

El Capitan beta 6 broke my two Xcode, 6.4 and 7.

Someone with the same problem?

I'll reinstall both.

• Re: El Capitan beta 6 + Xcode
          PatrickDotStar Level 1 Level 1 (5 points)

Same here. Better wait for the next Xcode beta. Should be released tomorrow.

megahog Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

yep dead in the water let us know if reinstall work

diegos Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Same issue here... Xcode 6 crashes when opening interface builder. Compilation also hangs on xib compilation... :s

comptekki Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

os x beta 6 release notes:

Known Issues

• Xcode 6.x has known compatibility issues when run on OS X El Capitan. It is strongly encouraged that you use Xcode 7 when running on OS X El Capitan.
                  Jasko Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I did reinstall Xcode-beta, it did not help.

mad102190 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Happens to me as well. Xcode 6.4 crashes immediately when launched.

daltheman Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Someone told me in Twitter that the Xcode beta download page is down. Weird. Not for me. I'm in Brazil.

bryan.fiftystudio Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Well I'm screwed. I've got deadlines for iOS 9 apps, and iOS 8 apps. Most important iOS 8 is due tomorrow morning. I had upgraded to el capitan because of the iOS 9 requirements due at end of august.

Went to lunch and came back. Lovely. My mac updated automatically while i was at lunch. Must've hit some install update button I wasn't paying attention to.

PLEASE SOMEONE FIND A FIX FOR XCODE 6.X

ckindel Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Don't know if this is just an error for me or if it is the root cause of everyones problems, but I am getting cdtool cannot compile in ***.xcdatamodeld/***.xcdatamodel with beta 6 when I get lucky and my project decides to open without outright crashing. I am currently playing around with editing and removed the xcdatamodel file, will update if I find a solution.

GeekCo Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Yup... Same here...

And opening my project in Xcode 7 is a no-go for me, because it asks me to convert all my code to Swift 2.0.

If anyone has a fix, I'll be glad to use it.

Richie__ Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Definitely the problem is with storyboards/xib files. I tend to believe this is a bug because it's not a Xcode 6 thing only. If not, I hope tomorrow appears a working version of Xcode 6 in addition to the Xcode 7 new beta because it would be a disaster for me if not.

ald Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Same problem here. Clean reinstall of Xcode 7 but cannot build anything after installing El Capitan Beta 6.

ttilley Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

This does appear to be an issue involving Interface Builder specifically. Funny enough, since beta6 actually fixes a fair number of layout issues for me... in code already compiled.

cache Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

My Xcode 6.4 would crash after open the project. xcode 7 still work, but some xib could be open. unable to work now and want some solution.

juliorr Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

The same here, Xcode-beta  with el Capitan beta 6

pedrofolio Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

In this thread, user Dev claims he's been able to fix it by reinstalling the OS. I'm still waiting for him to confirm if he indeed reinstalled beta 6 again.

If someone is willing/desperate enough to give this a go, let me know!

qrok Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

this is not serious at all, my yesterday evening and night till 4 morning was ruined by Beta 6, thank's apple....

elsaInMac Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Same issue here... T.T;

noark9 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Anyone solve this issue?

SeaWal Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Just finished reinstalling OS X and it fixed Xcode 6.4 (Cmd+R on reboot then reinstal OS X) - Without upgrading to Beta 6

I had issues with the simulator and opening storyboard files.

Dev Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I followed similar steps and the issue was resolved for me too... but the reason is that reinstalling OS X puts you all the way back to beta 1. Sounds like beta 6 is the culprit here and should be avoided.

HarryS Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Pretty obvious Apple has a serious quality issue with their regression tests here. If they had included a single serious app build using the recommended Xcode version in their test cases, they would not put all developer at once into a dead end. But obviously it has been my error to go for the El Capitano beta at all, I'm fighting with a working Xcode environent since beta 1. Switching between 6.4 and 7 all the time.

O.k. do some other stuff now.

- Harry

Hunter Level 2 Level 2 (70 points)

I wouldn't assume they don't know.

If you're following Apple's advice to the letter, you don't install these betas on systems that matter for production. Of course, many of us (me included) ignore that warning but it is still pretty explicit on their end.

Leo Natan Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Enough with the silly excuses. This is a developer beta, used for testing development of both OS X and iOS future SDKs, yet neither production stable or unstable developer tools cannot run on it.

This is a joke on Apple's part, but their QC issues have been a joke for a while now. A sad joke.

dr1337 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I find it somewhat troubling that Apple actually let something like this slip through the cracks. Doesn't anyone in the world's richest company actually dogfood their own software? Surely somebody must use Xcode internally within the company who would have seen this bug. Either that or developer productivity is not a priority for anyone in the company.

GhostMaverick Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

The way the text got real small towards the end really made me crack up

ledi Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Same issue,they can't work now,both.

Dude75 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Xcode 7 is broken here as well, just after upgrading to El Capitan Beta 6.

My targets are indexing forever. Opening a xib, crashes Xcode.

yiBazhu Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Same here.Both Xcode 7 and Xcode 6.4 broken. I reinstalled both. But they don't work either.

nerowolfe Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

The same here. Both Xcodes are nit working. Also a lot of weird issues with OS itself....   Hpefully waiting for qucik fix

maximveksler Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

can't open storyboard.

czaku Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Reinstalled and updated up to Beta 5, all is working again !!! Finally...

mikeKane Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

That wiped your whole HDD for the reinstallation?

TommieC Level 3 Level 3 (110 points)

Reinstall if done correctly will not wipe your drive. Instead it will reload the 10.11 initial beta.

1. Hold Cmd-R during boot up to get into Recovery mode and then choose Reinstall...
                                                                                2. After the first install is done - your existing data will be accessible as long as you do not delete it using Disk Utility or some other method.
                                                                                3. Next go to the App Store Updates and load Beta 1
                                                                                4. After Beta 1 installs, then go back to App Store Updates and load Beta 2
                                                                                5. Continue to repeat this process until you reach Beta 5
                                                                                6. STOP
                                                                                7. Do not upgrade to Beta 6 (or you will be reintroducing the same problem)
                                                                                8. Wait for a new Beta of Xcode or the OS (read the release notes before installing)
                                                                                9. Once you see a new Beta of either and have read the release notes, check the forums before installing
                                                                                10. Verify that things look good and reports that the error has been corrected
                                                                                11. Backup your system using Time Machine and then upgrade and test
                                                                                  Helge Level 1 Level 1 (15 points)

Does xcode 7 b5 fixes this? (Just released)

mikeKane Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

BTW Im only seeing this on an iOS project. OSX xib's seem to be fine.

mk3d Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Same here. Springboard quit on simulator launch. Send a bugreport to Apple. I have try to completely remove and reinstall all xcode components without success. I'm rolling back to 10.11 beta 5 using TM.

Sergey Vanichkin Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Таже самая проблема на OSX beta 6 - 10.11 (15A244d).

Проблема кроется в отображении storyboard файлов в обеих версиях Xcode 6.4 и 7.0 beta 4 (7A165t). При открытии storyboard Xcode 6.4 падает, а 7 зависает намертво.

The exact same problem on OSX beta 6 - 10.11 (15A244d).

The problem lies in the storyboard display files in both versions of Xcode 6.4 and 7.0 beta 4 (7A165t). When you open a storyboard Xcode 6.4 falls, and 7 freezes hard.

SterlingTechnology Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Add me to this list. Since download the lastest updates this morning, xcode has been rendered useless. Totally crashed out.

Helge Level 1 Level 1 (15 points)

Lets see if there are an new XCode 7 beta that wont crash. Else it is VMWare with Yosemite. (Personaly I like Parallels more, but their stuff doesnt work with el'Capitan beta - ruleing them out.)

hairforceone Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

In case the moderators won't approve my last reply that contained a link to the delta, here's a new reply with just the workaround:

You can work around the issue by reinstalling the El Cap beta 5 delta.

Locating the delta is an exercise for the reader, but I found it by searching Twitter for "xcode 6 el capitan beta 6".

MirekE Level 2 Level 2 (50 points)

It might help if people also filed bugs.

Max108 Level 8 Level 8 (5,800 points)

You can reinstall Beta 5 by downloading and running the following directly from Apple's CDN. This can be done over Beta 6 without loss of data (you lose sound but disabling SIP from Recovery Mode may bring that back):

Run the FirmwareUpdate.pkg first

birkyboy Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Personaly i partitioned my mac with a 25gb only for yosemite and installed xcode 6.4 there . back to normal. only problem have to switch between both OS

TommieC Level 3 Level 3 (110 points)

I filed a bug on this (22136426)

synthemesc Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

+1.

klausk Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

xCode "O.K." again after reinstalling beta 5 but no sound and miserable graphics performance( MBP+ ACD 30").

--edit--

great, the thing from Max108  (cmd-r & Utilities /disable security config) brought back my graphics drivers, so xcode is usable again.

( but still no sound).

invalidname Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

"Springboard quit unexpectedly" with any playground open. If I OK the crash dialog, I'll get a new one within five seconds.

Didn't happen on El Cap beta 5.

jeremywashere Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Clearly an issue with the latest Beta. I personally can't open any new or old project without XCode crashing. I think we will need to wait for the next build. Hopefully by then they would have fixed it.

KibaS Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Same problem here. Probably the best way for now is waiting for next build of Xcode 7 beta.

MingKoo Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Same here.

Today, Update to EI Captian Beta 6, I find my Xcode 7 beta4 can't load Storyboard. The Xcode is down. Other swift or .h .m file can be load. Only main.storyboard cannot to be Load! 

Now...Waiting for fix it.

ledi Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

just reinstall beta5 update, it's ok,needn't reinstall beta1

Luca S Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I have the same problem! Now i'm doing steps posted by Max108 and i hope that this work. I also hope that apple release a new xcode beta that resolve this problem (also for xcode 6.4 that for xcode 7)

massimopiazza_watchapp Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Samme issue here: Xcode 6.4 crashes immediately after I open a project, while Xcode 7 cannot open .storyboard files

lembacon Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Hi guys, I've just found a temporary workaround. (Applies to Xcode 7 beta 4 on OS X El Capitan Developer Beta 6)

Open your Terminal:

cd /Applications/Xcode-beta.app (or wherever your Xcode 7 beta 4 is located)
                                                                                                                      cd Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform
                                                                                                                      cd Developer/SDKs/iPhoneSimulator.sdk/usr/lib
                                                                                                                      sudo mv dyld_sim dyld_sim.orig

The reason is that the internal implementation of `_NSGetExecutablePath` has been updated (where the Kernel is involved), and the host `dyld` has also been updated to track this change. The `dyld_sim`, however, has not yet been updated. So the problem is that `_NSGetExecutablePath` will return a path that contains a `executable_path=` part which causes  that the `CFBundleGetMainBundle()` always returns `NULL`. This workaround simply forces the simulator to use the host `dyld`. By far, everything works great for me.

Ogyme Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

works perfectly ! Xcode 7b4 & OSX PB 4 ! thanks !!!

sikhapol Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Thank you! You've saved thousands of developer lives today.

Thanks lembacon! It works but it's not a definitive workaround. My iOS projects seems to be OK but my watchOS 2 storyboard keep crashing (XCode shows me an alert saying "Failed to connect with the watchOS agent. Please file a bug report at bugreport.apple.com" before die)

Still a great help

EDIT: After post this it was obvious that all I had to do was do the same thing to appleWatch simulator. Works like a charm now. Thanks again

So, in addition to previous commands. Write this in your terminal too.

cd /Applications/Xcode-beta.app (or wherever your Xcode 7 beta 4 is located)
                                                                                                                              cd Contents/Developer/Platforms/WatchSimulator.platform
                                                                                                                              cd Developer/SDKs/WatchSimulator.sdk/usr/lib
                                                                                                                              sudo mv dyld_sim dyld_sim.orig

ald Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

May the lords of the realm reward you with riches.

ttilley Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I owe you a beer.

jerald.dawson Level 1 Level 1 (10 points)

I also had to do the same magic with the watchkit simulator dyld_sim at /Applications/Xcode-beta.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/WatchSimulator.platform/Developer/SDKs/WatchSimulator.sdk/usr/lib/

After that, everything seems to work. Great find and thank you for sharing.

Maximus Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Thanks! Works perfectly!

It works with Xcode 6 too! \o/

THKS. I back to BETA6 to try it!

adigog Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Thanks  for the fix saved my Life !

Tunde Level 1 Level 1 (20 points)

Thank you very much!

sembsa Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Thanks !!!!!!!!!!!!

felipek Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Thanks! That worked for me (Xcode 6 and 7).

This is a simple shell onliner (using your current Xcode):

sudo find $(xcode-select -p) -name '*dyld_sim*' -exec mv -v {} {}.orig \;

juliorr Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I was working with xcode-beta i only change the final command to:

mv /Applications/Xcode-beta.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneSimulator.sdk/usr/lib/dyld_sim /Applications/Xcode-beta.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneSimulator.sdk/usr/lib/dyld_sim.orig

Following Your Workaround. I had update to BETA 6 again.

Now, Xcode 7 can load Storyboard. But When load *.swift will be crash.  This is error:

Process:               Xcode [2872]

Path:                  /Applications/Xcode-beta.app/Contents/MacOS/Xcode

Identifier:            com.apple.dt.Xcode

Version:               7.0 (8178.7)

Build Info:            IDEFrameworks-8178007000000000~3

Code Type:             X86-64 (Native)

Parent Process:        ??? [1]

Responsible:           Xcode [2872]

User ID:               501

Date/Time:             2015-08-05 23:06:53.996 +0800

OS Version:            Mac OS X 10.11 (15A244d)

Report Version:        11

Anonymous UUID:        93B1F982-AD44-F234-9A2D-7D1A5D89FF46

Time Awake Since Boot: 3100 seconds

Crashed Thread:        0  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type:        EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)

Exception Codes:       0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000

Exception Note:        EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Application Specific Information:

ProductBuildVersion: 7A165t

ASSERTION FAILURE in /Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/IDEInterfaceBuilderCocoaTouch/IDEInterfaceBuilderCocoaTouch-8135.1/InterfaceBuilder/RemoteToolCommunication/IBObjectMarshalling.m:694

Details:  Failed to launch remote tool: Encountered an error communicating with Interface Builder WatchKit Tool. (Failure reason: Interface Builder WatchKit Tool (2919) failed to launch and exited with signal 11): Failed to communicate with Interface Builder (Failure reason: The agent crashed: /Applications/Xcode-beta.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/WatchSimulator.platform/Developer/Library/PrivateFrameworks/IBFoundation.framework/IBFoundation

)

Object:   <IBClassValueMarshaller>

Method:   +valueForKeyPath:ofClassNamed:usingMarshaller:targetRuntime:context:explicitScaleFactor:diagnosticsBlock:

Thread:   <NSThread: 0x7fcdb8707180>{number = 1, name = main}

Hints:   None

Backtrace:

0  0x0000000105a6a00d -[IDEAssertionHandler handleFailureInMethod:object:fileName:lineNumber:assertionSignature:messageFormat:arguments:] (in IDEKit)

1  0x000000010465d23d _DVTAssertionHandler (in DVTFoundation)

2  0x000000010465d454 _DVTAssertionFailureHandler (in DVTFoundation)

3  0x00000001133686dc (in IDEInterfaceBuilderCocoaTouchIntegration)

4  0x0000000113368287 (in IDEInterfaceBuilderCocoaTouchIntegration)

5  0x000000011334bd07 (in IDEInterfaceBuilderCocoaTouchIntegration)

6  0x000000011334c429 (in IDEInterfaceBuilderCocoaTouchIntegration)

7  0x0000000104697ff8 __DVTDispatchAsync_block_invoke (in DVTFoundation)

8  0x00007fff8f1b05cf _dispatch_call_block_and_release (in libdispatch.dylib)

9  0x00007fff8f1ac409 _dispatch_client_callout (in libdispatch.dylib)

10  0x00007fff8f1bdbd2 _dispatch_main_queue_callback_4CF (in libdispatch.dylib)

11  0x00007fff9616b5c9 __CFRUNLOOP_IS_SERVICING_THE_MAIN_DISPATCH_QUEUE__ (in CoreFoundation)

12  0x00007fff9612657d __CFRunLoopRun (in CoreFoundation)

13  0x00007fff96125b78 CFRunLoopRunSpecific (in CoreFoundation)

14  0x00007fff8c2243e5 RunCurrentEventLoopInMode (in HIToolbox)

15  0x00007fff8c22417b ReceiveNextEventCommon (in HIToolbox)

16  0x00007fff8c223fbb _BlockUntilNextEventMatchingListInModeWithFilter (in HIToolbox)

17  0x00007fff992c9ae7 _DPSNextEvent (in AppKit)

18  0x00007fff99695ac5 -[NSApplication _nextEventMatchingEventMask:untilDate:inMode:dequeue:] (in AppKit)

19  0x0000000104c1db50 -[DVTApplication nextEventMatchingMask:untilDate:inMode:dequeue:] (in DVTKit)

20  0x00007fff992bf986 -[NSApplication run] (in AppKit)

21  0x00007fff99241e9a NSApplicationMain (in AppKit)

22  0x00007fff902f15ad start (in libdyld.dylib)

abort() called

Application Specific Signatures:

tool

Global Trace Buffer (reverse chronological seconds):

20.391587    CFNetwork                 0x00007fff98c55d6b TCP Conn 0x7fcdbaed6030 SSL Handshake DONE

20.864569    CFNetwork                 0x00007fff98c55c47 TCP Conn 0x7fcdbaed6030 starting SSL negotiation

20.866020    CFNetwork                 0x00007fff98c544eb TCP Conn 0x7fcdbaed6030 complete. fd: 36, err: 0

20.867606    CFNetwork                 0x00007fff98c53a9d TCP Conn 0x7fcdbaed6030 event 1. err: 0

21.098761    CFNetwork                 0x00007fff98c5327b TCP Conn 0x7fcdbaed6030 started

21.144685    CFNetwork                 0x00007fff98dd5f1d Creating default cookie storage with process/bundle identifier

21.144685    CFNetwork                 0x00007fff98dd5eb5 Faulting in CFHTTPCookieStorage singleton

21.144685    CFNetwork                 0x00007fff98c39d41 Faulting in NSHTTPCookieStorage singleton

21.146818    CFNetwork                 0x00007fff98cf7276 NSURLConnection finished with error - code -1100

Thread 0 Crashed:: Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

0   libsystem_kernel.dylib         0x00007fff8f9d10ae __pthread_kill + 10

1   libsystem_pthread.dylib       0x00007fff92169665 pthread_kill + 90

2   libsystem_c.dylib             0x00007fff98fc53fb abort + 129

3   com.apple.dt.IDEKit           0x0000000105a69c04 +[IDEAssertionHandler _handleAssertionWithLogString:assertionSignature:assertionReason:extraBacktrace:] + 1481

4   com.apple.dt.IDEKit           0x0000000105a6a1e4 -[IDEAssertionHandler handleFailureInMethod:object:fileName:lineNumber:assertionSignature:messageFormat:arguments:] + 1202

5   com.apple.dt.DVTFoundation     0x000000010465d23d _DVTAssertionHandler + 562

6   com.apple.dt.DVTFoundation     0x000000010465d454 _DVTAssertionFailureHandler + 407

7   com.apple.dt.IDE.IDEInterfaceBuilderCocoaTouchIntegration 0x00000001133686dc 0x113316000 + 337628

8   com.apple.dt.IDE.IDEInterfaceBuilderCocoaTouchIntegration 0x0000000113368287 0x113316000 + 336519

9   com.apple.dt.IDE.IDEInterfaceBuilderCocoaTouchIntegration 0x000000011334bd07 0x113316000 + 220423

10  com.apple.dt.IDE.IDEInterfaceBuilderCocoaTouchIntegration 0x000000011334c429 0x113316000 + 222249

11  com.apple.dt.DVTFoundation     0x0000000104697ff8 __DVTDispatchAsync_block_invoke + 69

12  libdispatch.dylib             0x00007fff8f1b05cf _dispatch_call_block_and_release + 12

13  libdispatch.dylib             0x00007fff8f1ac409 _dispatch_client_callout + 8

14  libdispatch.dylib             0x00007fff8f1bdbd2 _dispatch_main_queue_callback_4CF + 1685

15  com.apple.CoreFoundation       0x00007fff9616b5c9 __CFRUNLOOP_IS_SERVICING_THE_MAIN_DISPATCH_QUEUE__ + 9

16  com.apple.CoreFoundation       0x00007fff9612657d __CFRunLoopRun + 1949

17  com.apple.CoreFoundation       0x00007fff96125b78 CFRunLoopRunSpecific + 296

18  com.apple.HIToolbox           0x00007fff8c2243e5 RunCurrentEventLoopInMode + 235

19  com.apple.HIToolbox           0x00007fff8c22417b ReceiveNextEventCommon + 432

20  com.apple.HIToolbox           0x00007fff8c223fbb _BlockUntilNextEventMatchingListInModeWithFilter + 71

21  com.apple.AppKit               0x00007fff992c9ae7 _DPSNextEvent + 1076

22  com.apple.AppKit               0x00007fff99695ac5 -[NSApplication _nextEventMatchingEventMask:untilDate:inMode:dequeue:] + 440

23  com.apple.dt.DVTKit           0x0000000104c1db50 -[DVTApplication nextEventMatchingMask:untilDate:inMode:dequeue:] + 247

24  com.apple.AppKit               0x00007fff992bf986 -[NSApplication run] + 682

25  com.apple.AppKit               0x00007fff99241e9a NSApplicationMain + 1176

26  libdyld.dylib                 0x00007fff902f15ad start + 1

Thread 1:: Dispatch queue: com.apple.libdispatch-manager

0   libsystem_kernel.dylib         0x00007fff8f9d20a2 kevent_qos + 10

1   libdispatch.dylib             0x00007fff8f1b150c _dispatch_mgr_invoke + 216

2   libdispatch.dylib             0x00007fff8f1b1183 _dispatch_mgr_thread + 52

Thread 2:

0   libsystem_kernel.dylib         0x00007fff8f9d178a __workq_kernreturn + 10

1   libsystem_pthread.dylib       0x00007fff921677c9 _pthread_wqthread + 1283

2   libsystem_pthread.dylib       0x00007fff92165409 start_wqthread + 13

Thread 3:

Thread 4:

0   libsystem_kernel.dylib         0x00007fff8f9cbc96 mach_msg_trap + 10

1   libsystem_kernel.dylib         0x00007fff8f9cb0d7 mach_msg + 55

2   com.apple.CoreFoundation       0x00007fff96126e64 __CFRunLoopServiceMachPort + 212

3   com.apple.CoreFoundation       0x00007fff9612632c __CFRunLoopRun + 1356

4   com.apple.CoreFoundation       0x00007fff96125b78 CFRunLoopRunSpecific + 296

5   com.apple.Foundation           0x00007fff9d3a052d -[NSRunLoop(NSRunLoop) runMode:beforeDate:] + 270

6   com.apple.DTDeviceKitBase     0x000000010df940aa -[DTDKRemoteDeviceDataListener listenerThreadImplementation] + 1103

7   com.apple.Foundation           0x00007fff9d4ec1ca __NSThread__start__ + 1351

8   libsystem_pthread.dylib       0x00007fff92167cb3 _pthread_body + 131

9   libsystem_pthread.dylib       0x00007fff92167c30 _pthread_start + 168

10  libsystem_pthread.dylib       0x00007fff92165419 thread_start + 13

Thread 5:: com.apple.CFSocket.private

0   libsystem_kernel.dylib         0x00007fff8f9d1222 __select + 10

1   com.apple.CoreFoundation       0x00007fff96172a5a __CFSocketManager + 762

2   libsystem_pthread.dylib       0x00007fff92167cb3 _pthread_body + 131

3   libsystem_pthread.dylib       0x00007fff92167c30 _pthread_start + 168

4   libsystem_pthread.dylib       0x00007fff92165419 thread_start + 13

Thread 6:: com.apple.NSURLConnectionLoader

2   com.apple.CoreFoundation       0x00007fff96126e64 __CFRunLoopServiceMachPort + 212

4   com.apple.CoreFoundation       0x00007fff96125b78 CFRunLoopRunSpecific + 296

5   com.apple.CFNetwork           0x00007fff98c3cf4e +[NSURLConnection(Loader) _resourceLoadLoop:] + 412

6   com.apple.Foundation           0x00007fff9d4ec1ca __NSThread__start__ + 1351

7   libsystem_pthread.dylib       0x00007fff92167cb3 _pthread_body + 131

8   libsystem_pthread.dylib       0x00007fff92167c30 _pthread_start + 168

9   libsystem_pthread.dylib       0x00007fff92165419 thread_start + 13

Thread 7:: com.apple.NSEventThread

5   com.apple.AppKit               0x00007fff99388599 _NSEventThread + 149

6   libsystem_pthread.dylib       0x00007fff92167cb3 _pthread_body + 131

7   libsystem_pthread.dylib       0x00007fff92167c30 _pthread_start + 168

8   libsystem_pthread.dylib       0x00007fff92165419 thread_start + 13

Thread 8:: DYMobileDeviceManager

5   com.apple.Foundation           0x00007fff9d3a052d -[NSRunLoop(NSRunLoop) runMode:beforeDate:] + 270

6   com.apple.Foundation           0x00007fff9d412290 -[NSRunLoop(NSRunLoop) run] + 74

7   com.apple.GPUToolsMobileFoundation 0x0000000118902901 -[DYMobileDeviceManager _deviceNotificationThread:] + 134

8   com.apple.Foundation           0x00007fff9d4ec1ca __NSThread__start__ + 1351

9   libsystem_pthread.dylib       0x00007fff92167cb3 _pthread_body + 131

10  libsystem_pthread.dylib       0x00007fff92167c30 _pthread_start + 168

11  libsystem_pthread.dylib       0x00007fff92165419 thread_start + 13

Thread 9:

5   com.apple.CoreFoundation       0x00007fff961e8061 CFRunLoopRun + 97

6   com.apple.DebugSymbols         0x00007fff8ffa769a SpotlightQueryThread(void*) + 346

7   libsystem_pthread.dylib       0x00007fff92167cb3 _pthread_body + 131

8   libsystem_pthread.dylib       0x00007fff92167c30 _pthread_start + 168

9   libsystem_pthread.dylib       0x00007fff92165419 thread_start + 13

Thread 10:

Thread 11:

Thread 12:

0   libsystem_kernel.dylib         0x00007fff8f9d0f5e __psynch_cvwait + 10

1   libsystem_pthread.dylib       0x00007fff921681f0 _pthread_cond_wait + 767

2   com.apple.Xcode.DevToolsCore   0x000000010da7ec4a -[XCBlockQueue _processBlocksInThreadSlotNumber:] + 450

3   com.apple.Foundation           0x00007fff9d4ec1ca __NSThread__start__ + 1351

4   libsystem_pthread.dylib       0x00007fff92167cb3 _pthread_body + 131

5   libsystem_pthread.dylib       0x00007fff92167c30 _pthread_start + 168

6   libsystem_pthread.dylib       0x00007fff92165419 thread_start + 13

Thread 13:

2   com.apple.Xcode.DevToolsCore   0x000000010da7ec4a -[XCBlockQueue _processBlocksInThreadSlotNumber:] + 450

3   com.apple.Foundation           0x00007fff9d4ec1ca __NSThread__start__ + 1351

Thread 14:

Thread 15:

0   libsystem_kernel.dylib         0x00007fff8f9d12b2 __semwait_signal + 10

1   libsystem_c.dylib             0x00007fff98fe6af5 nanosleep + 199

2   com.apple.CoreSymbolication   0x00007fff9cd80b5f 0x7fff9cd6e000 + 76639

3   libsystem_pthread.dylib       0x00007fff92167cb3 _pthread_body + 131

4   libsystem_pthread.dylib       0x00007fff92167c30 _pthread_start + 168

5   libsystem_pthread.dylib       0x00007fff92165419 thread_start + 13

Thread 0 crashed with X86 Thread State (64-bit):

rax: 0x0000000000000000  rbx: 0x0000000000000006  rcx: 0x00007fff5b7c6be8  rdx: 0x0000000000000000

rdi: 0x000000000000160b  rsi: 0x0000000000000006  rbp: 0x00007fff5b7c6c10  rsp: 0x00007fff5b7c6be8

r8: 0x00007fcdbc8d3b32   r9: 0x0000000000000000  r10: 0x0000000008000000  r11: 0x0000000000000206

r12: 0x00007fff8fb071d0  r13: 0x00007fcdbc8a9bd0  r14: 0x00007fff7d2f5000  r15: 0x00007fcdb8707600

rip: 0x00007fff8f9d10ae  rfl: 0x0000000000000206  cr2: 0x00007fff7e18f038

Logical CPU:     0

Error Code:      0x02000148

Trap Number:     133

PLEASE HELP ME. THANKS.

PatrickDotStar Level 1 Level 1 (5 points)

I now can open up the storyboard and run the simulator but when I open a .swift file Xcode crashes again. Hope Apple fixes this soon.

royal0043 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Thank you million times!

steveriggins Level 1 Level 1 (10 points)

Thanks so much!  Stinks that you had to do Apple's job for them.

scanf Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Thanks, this solves my issues.

tdroz Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

You're the MVP

pedrofolio Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

nice job man! tks

claybridges Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Worked, so far.

I created a script to do this, gisted here, usage:

./save_xcode_for_el_cap.bash <path-to-xcode>

klausk Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

thank you!

FlexMonkey Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

A massive thanks from me too

Simon

iAladdin Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

You save my world, thank you so much!

richlira Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

You are grreatt

mtzaquia Level 1 Level 1 (15 points)

I don't know who you are, but I will find you, and I'll pay you a hundred beers. #LifeSaver

mqiezi Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

WORK!!!  Public Beta 4.

soundmagic2009 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

working great exelant patch thank you so much is there an apple developer medal for such help?

deadseafu Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

thanks buddy , really cool

Sonofiron Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Perfect fix!  Also stopped the Playgrounds from crashing.

Xeron Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Thanks a lot! That fixed my Xcode.

You're a real hero!

Thorax Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

thank you @lembacon!

bjarnet3 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Thanks for the fix lembacon!

jarvisuser90 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Thanks a million!

ndmeiri Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Thank you very much! This worked. You're an MVP. How in the world did you find this workaround?

cabbs Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Thanks that helped alot.

AmitWB Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

This works for XCode 6.4 also. Thanks lembacon, O the wise one!

FYI: His solution is on page 6 or 7.

n8tr Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

many thanks lembacon!

mikeraftery Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Me too;  10.11 beta 6;  XCode 7 beta 4

IOS simulator issue;  compiler hangs;  looked at the console but I couldn't spot why it hung

OSX target compiler appears to work so I'll focus on my OSX code while they work on what happened

UPDATE:  lembacon's fix worked for me too;  THANKS!

megahog Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

The sudo mv command worked ... sort of... Xcode now compiles and can even run the Simulator, but crashes on hitting a breakpoint, or editing project settings.

ATX Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Same issue. No luck re-installs, deleting derived files, restarts, etc.

mondraymond Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

+1 FWIW .. now working with the suggestion from @lembacon

AMITNKALRA Level 1 Level 1 (10 points)

Here's a solution :

Xcode 7 beta :

OPEN TERMINAL AND ENTER THE CODE BELOW :

cd /Applications/Xcode-beta.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneSimulator.sdk/usr/lib sudo mv dyld_sim dyld_sim.orig cd /Applications/Xcode-beta.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/WatchSimulator.platform/Developer/SDKs/WatchSimulator.sdk/usr/lib sudo mv dyld_sim dyld_sim.orig

Xcode 6.4 :

OPEN TERMINAL AND ENTER THE CODE BELOW :

cd/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneSimulator.sdk/usr/lib sudo mv dyld_sim dyld_sim.orig

Hope that helps!

KibaS Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Can't believe that they haven't release a new version of Xcode beta fixing this problem.

Miki Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Totaly broken

guice Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Apple has just released new Xcode Beta 5, claims ot have fixed this issue:

• Xcode 7 beta 5 resolves issues with building iOS projects and running the iOS simulator on OS X El Capitan beta 6. (22089926)

I have not tested this yet (downloading now).

Yocoyani Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Xcode 7 beta 5 has been released and it fixes the error 

BrianNickel Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

After applying this solution, I was still unable to view XIBs, with Xcode eventually unhanging with an error message.  Looking in Console, com.apple.CoreSimulator.CoreSimulatorService was repeatedly crashing with this error:

dyld: in dlopen()
                                                                                                                                                                                                                        /Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Profiles/Runtimes/iOS 7.1.simruntime/Contents/Resources/RuntimeRoot/usr/lib/system/host/liblaunch_sim.dylib

I ended up having to delete all the simruntime bundles from from /Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Profiles/Runtimes/ and now things are working again albeit just with the iOS9 simulator.