4 Replies
      Latest reply: Jun 7, 2017 6:45 AM by Cesarito2016 RSS
      MacRR Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Hi,

I have problems with Fusion Drive. I installed the beta version of MacOS High Sierra and I returned back to macOS Sierra 10.12.5, but the Fusion drive is divided into two sections. What should I do?

Internet recovery did not help?

I have iMac 27 "Retina 5k late 2014 and 1Tb Fusion drive

• Re: problems with Fusion Drive
          Cesarito2016 Level 1 Level 1 (10 points)

Hi, I had the same problem.

To fix it I had to create the Fusion drive as follows:

http://www.macworld.com/article/2014011/storage-drives/how-to-make-your-own-fusion-drive.html

Good luck!
            cryptooth Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

You need to boot your mac with USB installation thumb drive. After that;

Open Terminal

type

diskutil list

and press enter.

It will list your disks like this:

/dev/disk0 (internal, physical):

#:                      TYPE NAME                    SIZE      IDENTIFIER

0:      GUID_partition_scheme                        *121.3 GB  disk0

1:                        EFI EFI                    209.7 MB  disk0s1

2:          Apple_CoreStorage LogicVolGroup          121.0 GB  disk0s2

3:                Apple_Boot Boot OS X              134.2 MB  disk0s3

/dev/disk1 (internal, physical):

#:                      TYPE NAME                    SIZE      IDENTIFIER

0:      GUID_partition_scheme                        *1.0 TB    disk1

1:                        EFI EFI                    209.7 MB  disk1s1

2:          Apple_CoreStorage LogicVolGroup          999.3 GB  disk1s2

3:                Apple_Boot Recovery HD            650.0 MB  disk1s3

drive1 is /dev/disk0 and drive2 is /dev/disk1 (as sample)

Type following command and press enter dont forget to change disk name (/dev/disk0 etc)

diskutil coreStorage create LogicalGroup /dev/disk0 /dev/disk1

When the process is done, your logical volume group should be completed You can find a unique identifier for the group, which you should copy to your clipboard. its starting wth UDID like this : 50B457C3-ADC6-4EDC-9ABA-FD8C6EEDE69A (change with your UDID)

Final command is:

diskutil coreStorage createVolume 50B457C3-ADC6-4EDC-9ABA-FD8C6EEDE69A jhfs+ "Macintosh HD" 100%

After that, you can fresh install macOS to newly created logical drive from USB or internet recovery. And restore from TimeMachine Backup.

Cheers

clane47 Level 2 Level 2 (25 points)

I recovered mine like this:

( ALL DATA WILL BE LOST! )

Start up in internet recovery mode with command-shift-R. Start the Terminal app from the utilities menu and paste in this line at the prompt:

( The following is all one line. Select all of it ! )

N=Macintosh\ HD; for d in /dev/disk?; do o=`diskutil info $d`; [[ ! "$SSD" ]] && grep -lqw 'APPLE SSD' <<< "$o" && SSD=$d; [[ ! "$HDD" ]] && grep -lqw 'APPLE HDD' <<< "$o" && HDD=$d; [[ "$SSD" && "$HDD" ]] && break; done; diskutil cs create "$N" $SSD $HDD && diskutil cs createLV "$N" jhfs+ "$N" 100%

Incidentally, I got this info from here:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7453778?start=0&tstart=0