In app purchase “Cannot connect to iTunes Store” error for Sandbox user

We're using sandbox for testing auto renewing IAP but most of the time it's returning error saying 'Cannot connect to iTunes store'.

We've followed steps mentioned in following document : https://developer.apple.com/library/content/documentation/NetworkingInternet/Conceptual/StoreKitGuide/Chapters/ShowUI.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40008267-CH3-SW11

The System Status for iTunes Sandbox is showing Green (good) right now, but it still doesn't work for me.

Replies

Have also error witch sandbox
ios 12, xcode 11

As a sandbox user, entered password twice. Then the transaction fails.
I can confirm. 
The same thing is working in iOS 14

Apple, please help !!!
I got rejected on an update submission because on iPad with iOS 14.0.1 sandbox won't work and will ask for login twice. On iPhone everything is fine. Any ideas ?
The issue has still existed for 2 days in my case.

The error says Error Domain=SKErrorDomain Code=0 "Cannot connect to iTunes Store"

I am testing on iOS12 device with a new sandbox account.

Anyone gets it solved?
Same problem.

In-App dialog is showing twice, after that it fails with error "Cannot connect to iTunes Store" (iOS 13.2)
Same here.
In-App dialog is showing twice, after that it fails with error "Cannot connect to iTunes Store".
Multiple users and devices.
iPad mini iOS 12.4.8
iPhone X 13.x? tester
Xcode 11.3.1
OSX 10.14.8
Waiting for a iOS 14.x tester

I can retrieve the description and price. I present the user with a dialog before I start the purchase process. So I can communicate to the iTunes store but can't complete a purchase in the sandbox.

I have the distribution version waiting to be released but I'm afraid that all the users will start calling.
How can this not be addressed ASAP? I'm dying here...
I am also experiencing this issue.

Using Xcode 12.0, I am seeing the same "double prompt" for password, which is then followed by this error:

Error Domain=SKErrorDomain Code=0 "Cannot connect to iTunes Store" UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Cannot connect to iTunes Store}

This is happening on devices running iOS 11.x < iOS 13.x.

As others have stated, this does not occur on iOS 14 devices. I tried purchasing both consumable IAPs, and Renewable Subscriptions. Both have the same result. Test Flight builds that perform purchases using non-sandbox Apple IDs seem to work without any issue on any OS.
Same issue. Using Xcode 12.0.1 - And getting double prompt for login credentials. I am able to use Sandbox test account with iOS 14.0.1. However, iOS 13 and below are returning error - "Cannot connect to iTunes Store".

Noticed that if you get IAP prompt with title "Subscription terms" - It will eventually land into "Cannot connect to iTunes Store" error.

My code uses SwiftyStoreKit wrapper around StoreKit API. I was debugging more into, but it seems to be error within Apple ecosystem.
Update the OS version to 14, and it turns out that the sandbox purchase succeed.Thank god.
I am facing the same issue in iOS 13.6

An in-App dialog is showing twice also entered the password twice, after that it fails with Transaction Error: "Cannot connect to iTunes Store". I even tried creating a new sandbox test user and still run into this same error.
same here.
does anybody else think it is sdk 14 issue?
https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/664442

does anybody else think it is sdk 14 issue?

I don't think so. The linked issue is talking about Xcode 12 with iOS 14 SDK, while here we have exactly the opposite - at least in my case - Xcode 11.7 with iOS 13 SDK. Also other people explicitly mentioned being on Xcode 11 still.

Updated device OS version 13.6 to 14.1 and it is working.

> does anybody else think it is sdk 14 issue?
I don't think so. The linked issue is talking about Xcode 12 with iOS 14 SDK, while here we have exactly the opposite - at least in my case - Xcode 11.7 with iOS 13 SDK. Also other people explicitly mentioned being on Xcode 11 still.

I think there is a fix on server side from Apple, everything should work now :) I guess with all SDKs.

I started working for my iOS 12 and 13 testers this morning EDT.
Whew...

Thanks Apple for getting to the bottom of this!