In app purchase “Cannot connect to iTunes Store” error for Sandbox user

We're using sandbox for testing auto renewing IAP but most of the time it's returning error saying 'Cannot connect to iTunes store'.

We've followed steps mentioned in following document : https://developer.apple.com/library/content/documentation/NetworkingInternet/Conceptual/StoreKitGuide/Chapters/ShowUI.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40008267-CH3-SW11

The System Status for iTunes Sandbox is showing Green (good) right now, but it still doesn't work for me.

Replies

Good to know it is not just myself.

Currently doing sandbox testing for validating the receipt on IOS 13.7 Xcode 12.0, I originally had this issue about a week ago and was able to fix it with nelic advice.

https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/90594

However, today once I updated my changes, it starts to return Cannot connect to Itunes store, response code 0.
So I revert back to the working version and it started to fail again, so frustrating.

What I NOTICED is that when I start the purchase, there is no more Use Existing Account. option!!!

TroubleShooting:
  1. Difference phone device

2. Reboot device

3. Pod install

4. New Sandbox User

Just want to clarify if this is a local issue, or server side issue.

Started having this issue yesterday out of the blue. Tried all the suggestions on this thread with no luck. Finally, updating the device to iOS 14.1 seems to have resolved the problem.
Upgrading to IOS 14 fixed it for now, but it still persists on IOS 13.7, any news from apple side...??? I am surprised how this has been an issue around for so long
The life as an iOS developer is so hard :(
Yeah. iOS 14 is working. Apple has given up iOS 13.
My IAP Sandbox testing has also broken.

Trying to test from a 13.7 device, loaded from Xcode 12. Purchases fail with "Cannot connect to itunes store Code=0" after asking me twice to sign in to my account.
Further update!

Apparently checkout with an apple id that's part of an organisation's internal testing group (NOT sandbox test accounts) will work on testFlight build. Builds approved for external testing may also work with your current apple ID

Test accounts are bricked though.
Update to iOS 14 solve problem, but, how about 12, 13? Apple, please, do something.
Can anyone answer, do you using the StoreKit directly, or are you using something like SwiftyStoreKit?
I am facing the same problem. iOS 12.2.1. However sandbox account holder have no payment verification.

Logged in as apple id - Developer account
In the Itunes&appstore section logged out and showing the sandbox account.

Does anyone facing the same problem in iOS 12?
I am facing the same issue.

In App Purchase: Auto Renewable Subscription
Environment: Sandbox
iOS Version: iOS 13.7

As a sandbox user, entered password twice. Then the transaction fails.
I can confirm.
The same thing is working in iOS 14
I am facing the same issue.
But it working in ios14.
I'm also seeing this on a iOS 13 device. It prompts me twice for the password, then fails with Error Domain=SKErrorDomain Code=0 "Cannot connect to iTunes Store". I even tried creating a new sandbox test user and still run in to this same error.
iOS 14 devices can purchase no problem.
Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of XHL Down vote reply of XHL
Same here. : (
Same here. It started failing for me 3 days ago, and I thought it was something about the setup.
Two devices, several re-boots and several Sandbox accounts later I was pretty sure it was not the setup on my side.

Apple please fix this.

This cost me a lot of time and nerves.
Not all devices/setups are iOS 14/Xcode 12 only. Thank you.

Code Block
Xcode 11.7.0
iOS 13.7