System Storage Full

My iPhone 7+ is reporting full storage - when I explore further and look in manager storage - the very bottom item called "System", is consuming all available storage, right now it is 13.54GB. In this state Mail will not sync, apps will not update and new apps cannot be installed.

It has done this numerous times, and seems to come and go (since the first beta release).

Anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks!

This is also happening on non-beta devices running 11.2.6

Hey guys, if you guys are wondering what the best way to isolate the software as being an issue is to restore, set up as new. Repeatedly restoring from a backup may just keep reinstalling the software issue back on your phone. Hope this helps!

Found same storge full message on 128GB memory iPad running IOS 12.1. System storage usage was up to nearly 128GB.

I found that the W.E.L.D.E.R and Solitaire apps had identical Documents and Data size of 18446744073705649985.

I deleted just the W.E.L.D.E.R app and reinstalled it from the app store. After the app storage sizes were recomputed the Documents and Data size for both W.E.L..D.E.R and Solitaire were correct and the system size was reset back to 7.9GB

I have the same issue

did a reset removing all content and settings and still other is taking up all my available space.

how do I fix this?
Sam thing has started to happen with me with a new update, a couple weeks ago. Before "other" storage used 5-6GB, now it uses 20GB of my 32GB iPhone 7. Every time I delete songs, photos or apps it just expands and never stops increasing. This is very frustrating, there is no solution to this problem other than buying a new iPhone. I would never buy iPhone again and recommend my friends and relatives to not buy it. I guess @Apple is on the stage of business level where they have to "milk the cow".
connect your device to Mac /PC open iTunes

in device summary

restore your device it’ll download stable version of iOS 13 and it’ll restore your device to factory settings this process is not same as erasing all content

it worKed for me

iOS 14 is still not available for public so you can’t update to it
else
wait for next Dev beta it might fix issue

Model: IPhone 7
Total Storage: 32gb

I'm having the same issue here too. It suddenly started saying the storage was full (even though i had just checked it a day or two before and I had 16gb left of a 32gb IPhone 7). I went ahead and deleted apps I wasn't using and cleared out my photos, went through the IPhone recommendations of deleting large attachments, I even bought a subscription for ICloud storage (I never had it before, but I figured if I got that then all the storage would sync to there). None of those things freed up any storage space on my IPhone.

I then noticed that each time I deleted an app or a bunch of attachments, that the "App & Photo" portions went significally down but when it did the IPhone "Storage - Other" would get bigger. I can't even update the IPhones software or backup it up to icloud because there's no free space at all. I cleared all my website data & cache and that didn't do anything either.

Here is how much space each category is taking up:
  • Photos: 266 MB

• Apps: 2.20 GB

• System: 3.46 GB

• Other: 17.99 GB

I'm hesitant to do a full reset because I can't even do a backup of the phone and I have a lot of work things on my phone. Anyone have any other ideas to try without resetting the whole phone?
I opened Feedback report number FB7752370 on this issue. Current resolution status says: Potential fix identified - For a future OS update. This is as of today July 7, 2020.
Same here.
I had an iPhone 7 over 4 years, it started to say my storage was full. About a year back.

I misinterpreted it to believe iCloud, so I upgraded my storage plan.
Just to yet again, get the storage was full message.

Deleted mail, message threads, photos, apps, and cleared cookies and safari data.

Removed large attachments. and it was still showing HUGE amounts of “system” and “other” storage. Without a way to delete or tell me exactly what it was.

Upgraded just two days ago to an XS, instead of 32GB I have 64GB and here we go again. EXCEPT WORSE.

Now I’m using 29 GB OF OTHER.
I cannot believe it.
It is impossible to delete anything else. Anyone else have this issue?

Can you explain exactly how to fix it?
This fixed it for me:

go to settings > your name > iCloud > photos > turn OFF everything!!! (I’ve only left the shared albums on)

my system memory came all the way from 42gb to 9gb!!!

Try it.
now i can use my iphone 6 again
Have the same issue here.

I'm at 27 GB "Other System Data" and it keeps increasing the more photos, mails, apps etc. I delete. Cannot use most apps anymore due to full storage.
Completely erasing is not an option, because I don't want to go through the lengthy registration process again for all the services I use my device as authentification for.

Turning off everything iCloud-related didn't help.

Seriously considering to upgrade to a device from a different manufacturer, if that doesn't get fixed.
Having same issue on my iPhone 6s Plus with iOS 13.6. Deleted a bunch of photos and messages and the system storage usage just kept increasing more and more making any deletion pointless. Disabled iCloud and now it’s recommending iCloud to me again to make more space....Hahaha..despite same issue existing with iCloud. This is ridiculous.

Using 18.8 gb of Other usage and 5.59 of System usage out of my 32 gb available. No space available.
My iPhone 7plus is 32 GB and i have erased everything i could. There was 3GB space 3 hours ago which has automatically filled up in “others” and storage is full again. It is like a virus which keeps on replicating. There is nothing else i can delete. Apple should fix it. It started happening after 13.5 and after 13.6 it his beyond control
Is there a solution?
Someone please help us ?
I had this issue on a 32GB 7plus running iOS 13.6 where Other storage took up 16GB. Installing iOS update 13.6.1 fixed the issue. Now my other storage is at 5.18GB. Since I didn't have any free space, I couldn't install the update directly from the phone. I had to connect it to iTunes on my computer and install the update through iTunes.
My iPad mini 2 had a whopping 31 of 32 gb taken up from system. I just turned off all iCloud stuff, and poof shazam I have 5.44 taken up from system.
I have a 7+ and storage was full— 31GB out of 32GB used. Deleted everything I could— nothing helped. Couldn’t install the update (13.6.1) and didn’t have a device at home to connect to iTunes. Managed to fix the phone with these steps:
  1. Screenshot of apps as they appear in storage (or write them down if you can’t take a pic)

2. Deleted the largest apps so I had enough room for the software update.

3. Downloaded and installed the update. Still showed 31GB used so ...

4. Did a phone reset (settings>general >reset >reset all settings

5. Turned phone off then back on

6. Checked storage and now is 15GB used

7. Downloaded all the apps I had deleted (took only seconds) and checked storage—still showing only 15.6GB of 32GB used. Phone is working perfectly... for now at least :) Hope this helps someone!

if i can get rid of this stu pid company, in a heartbeat i i had do that, but i can't have enough money for this nowadays. In the end i will do that with pleasure...
So can we assume that the issue has been solved with update "to iOS or iPadOS 13.6.1 or later" (cf. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211686) or are people still having trouble?

How about those iPhones then that can only run iOS 12 and experience a similar system storage problem (like my old iPhone 5s, 12.4.9)? Is Apple in the link mentioned above describe a specific problem of iOS 13 ("If you have iOS or iPadOS 13" or is it basically the same issue many of us have been experiencing starting years ago (with iOS 12 and iPadOS 12 or even before?)

In other words, for those still on iOS 12.4.9, do you think there is no way to solve the problem without an update (which is not possible), or is there a different cause in iOS 12?

And if I get a new iPhone SE 2020 (which I am considering) and migrate my date from my old iPhone 5s, 12.4.9, will the issue likely disappear?
It is November 2020, and my Iphone 6s has just been reset to factory settings because of this. So, no, we cannot assume that Apple has fixed anything in the new updates, nor will they. I've been experience a slow decay of storage space on my, already too compact, 16gb phone. 6gb taken by the storage, so this phone is actually a 9gb phone, sold as a 16gb phone. Over the past 2 months my phone went from the occasional offloading of an app, to having almost 0gb of space. I was so confused, as apple does little to nothing to explain to their customers how to handle the defuncts in the system. I started using icloud, uploading everything possible to it. It did absolutely nothing, nothing at all. You have to go through absurd hoops and hurdles to export your iphone photo library into your computer and separate them from icloud, so that they won't disappear when you delete them off your phone. Learned that lesson before, should out to apple iCloud for losing 500-1000 of my pictures to iCloud in 2018. So, everything's on the cloud, and I take a photo, go to look at it... It doesn't load. No photos load, nothing loads, and I realize I have offloaded every app possible on my phone. I know, should have noticed, but I'm not a huge lover of these devices. I use my phones camera, call, and text daily - that's really it. So, everything is up in the cloud and somehow I can't use my phone at all. I check my storage: 6.4gb used by "storage" and 8.14gb used by "other" ...No other information, just "other" That leaves me with a 1.4gb phone, Apple. That is, frankly, unacceptable.

Now, on the advice of the professionals here, we were told to back our phones up to the most recent available back up. So, I Plugged my phone in. My only backup available is from March... What? How can that even be possible? I don't know what I will lose but I have a 1gb phone so, whats there really to lose. It just finished backing up, and guess what? I am the proud owner of a .87gb iPhone 6s! In hindsight, of course none of us should be backing up our phones after we JUST experienced a colossal failure from backing up our phones. I can promise you, I've never been more ready to leave the cloud for my SD card. I will never, ever, back up my phone again. My photos will never go into a cloud, and I will never have to deal with catastrophic apple failure again.

My phone just finished resetting itself. If I don't come back, it is because the phone is wiped clean and it works. If I come back... Well. Let's just not imagine the worst. Good luck everyone, and for your safety, memories, and livelihood: DO NOT BACK UP YOUR PHONE. Pull everything you need off of it, and erase it. Never look back, it is the only way.
I've tried erasing apps pics and videos. doing new updates and etc. one thing I did find to help was the settings-general safari- then clear history and website details. it saved me about 2/3gb
What I did that drained some of it, was take a charging usb and connect my iphone to my computer. It takes a while, but it works! I also restarted my phone every now and then
I fixed it by signing out the iCloud account. Go to setting, click your account name, and in the Apple ID page, click sign out. Once your are completely signed out, go back to the account and click sign in. The Other storage is restored from over 30GB to normal after sign in.
It's been 3 years and Apple hasn't given us fix...and it's been 3 iOS releases with still no fix. I have tried everything I can find and did a full erase/reinstall twice. It will show fixed going from 30GB down to 6 or so after reinstall and within an hour it's back up to full. How annoying there is no posted solution from Apple.
System Storage Full

Q