System Storage Full

My iPhone 7+ is reporting full storage - when I explore further and look in manager storage - the very bottom item called "System", is consuming all available storage, right now it is 13.54GB. In this state Mail will not sync, apps will not update and new apps cannot be installed.

It has done this numerous times, and seems to come and go (since the first beta release).

Anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks!

• This is the same problem to all of us. Storage problem and battery capacity vs system performance. apple is playing with their old clients to force them buying new and new phones.

staying with apple seems like staying in prison. Only solution to quit apple.

• This will help you.. ---> http://howhide.com/system-storage-full

Add a Comment

Replies

connect your device to Mac /PC open iTunes

in device summary

restore your device it’ll download stable version of iOS 13 and it’ll restore your device to factory settings this process is not same as erasing all content

it worKed for me

iOS 14 is still not available for public so you can’t update to it
else
wait for next Dev beta it might fix issue

Model: IPhone 7
Total Storage: 32gb

I'm having the same issue here too. It suddenly started saying the storage was full (even though i had just checked it a day or two before and I had 16gb left of a 32gb IPhone 7). I went ahead and deleted apps I wasn't using and cleared out my photos, went through the IPhone recommendations of deleting large attachments, I even bought a subscription for ICloud storage (I never had it before, but I figured if I got that then all the storage would sync to there). None of those things freed up any storage space on my IPhone.

I then noticed that each time I deleted an app or a bunch of attachments, that the "App & Photo" portions went significally down but when it did the IPhone "Storage - Other" would get bigger. I can't even update the IPhones software or backup it up to icloud because there's no free space at all. I cleared all my website data & cache and that didn't do anything either.

Here is how much space each category is taking up:
  • Photos: 266 MB

• Apps: 2.20 GB

• System: 3.46 GB

• Other: 17.99 GB

I'm hesitant to do a full reset because I can't even do a backup of the phone and I have a lot of work things on my phone. Anyone have any other ideas to try without resetting the whole phone?
I opened Feedback report number FB7752370 on this issue. Current resolution status says: Potential fix identified - For a future OS update. This is as of today July 7, 2020.
Same here.
I had an iPhone 7 over 4 years, it started to say my storage was full. About a year back.

I misinterpreted it to believe iCloud, so I upgraded my storage plan.
Just to yet again, get the storage was full message.

Deleted mail, message threads, photos, apps, and cleared cookies and safari data.

Removed large attachments. and it was still showing HUGE amounts of “system” and “other” storage. Without a way to delete or tell me exactly what it was.

Upgraded just two days ago to an XS, instead of 32GB I have 64GB and here we go again. EXCEPT WORSE.

Now I’m using 29 GB OF OTHER.
I cannot believe it.
It is impossible to delete anything else. Anyone else have this issue?

Can you explain exactly how to fix it?
This fixed it for me:

go to settings > your name > iCloud > photos > turn OFF everything!!! (I’ve only left the shared albums on)

my system memory came all the way from 42gb to 9gb!!!

Try it.
now i can use my iphone 6 again
  • This is what helped me, I got like 3-4 extra gigabytes. I just hope my storage doesn't fill up again out of thin air.

Add a Comment
Have the same issue here.

I'm at 27 GB "Other System Data" and it keeps increasing the more photos, mails, apps etc. I delete. Cannot use most apps anymore due to full storage.
Completely erasing is not an option, because I don't want to go through the lengthy registration process again for all the services I use my device as authentification for.

Turning off everything iCloud-related didn't help.

Seriously considering to upgrade to a device from a different manufacturer, if that doesn't get fixed.
Having same issue on my iPhone 6s Plus with iOS 13.6. Deleted a bunch of photos and messages and the system storage usage just kept increasing more and more making any deletion pointless. Disabled iCloud and now it’s recommending iCloud to me again to make more space....Hahaha..despite same issue existing with iCloud. This is ridiculous.

Using 18.8 gb of Other usage and 5.59 of System usage out of my 32 gb available. No space available.
My iPhone 7plus is 32 GB and i have erased everything i could. There was 3GB space 3 hours ago which has automatically filled up in “others” and storage is full again. It is like a virus which keeps on replicating. There is nothing else i can delete. Apple should fix it. It started happening after 13.5 and after 13.6 it his beyond control
Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of KZS Down vote reply of KZS
Is there a solution?
Someone please help us ?
I had this issue on a 32GB 7plus running iOS 13.6 where Other storage took up 16GB. Installing iOS update 13.6.1 fixed the issue. Now my other storage is at 5.18GB. Since I didn't have any free space, I couldn't install the update directly from the phone. I had to connect it to iTunes on my computer and install the update through iTunes.
My iPad mini 2 had a whopping 31 of 32 gb taken up from system. I just turned off all iCloud stuff, and poof shazam I have 5.44 taken up from system.
I have a 7+ and storage was full— 31GB out of 32GB used. Deleted everything I could— nothing helped. Couldn’t install the update (13.6.1) and didn’t have a device at home to connect to iTunes. Managed to fix the phone with these steps:
  1. Screenshot of apps as they appear in storage (or write them down if you can’t take a pic)

2. Deleted the largest apps so I had enough room for the software update.

3. Downloaded and installed the update. Still showed 31GB used so ...

4. Did a phone reset (settings>general >reset >reset all settings

5. Turned phone off then back on

6. Checked storage and now is 15GB used

7. Downloaded all the apps I had deleted (took only seconds) and checked storage—still showing only 15.6GB of 32GB used. Phone is working perfectly... for now at least :) Hope this helps someone!

if i can get rid of this stu pid company, in a heartbeat i i had do that, but i can't have enough money for this nowadays. In the end i will do that with pleasure...
So can we assume that the issue has been solved with update "to iOS or iPadOS 13.6.1 or later" (cf. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211686) or are people still having trouble?

How about those iPhones then that can only run iOS 12 and experience a similar system storage problem (like my old iPhone 5s, 12.4.9)? Is Apple in the link mentioned above describe a specific problem of iOS 13 ("If you have iOS or iPadOS 13" or is it basically the same issue many of us have been experiencing starting years ago (with iOS 12 and iPadOS 12 or even before?)

In other words, for those still on iOS 12.4.9, do you think there is no way to solve the problem without an update (which is not possible), or is there a different cause in iOS 12?

And if I get a new iPhone SE 2020 (which I am considering) and migrate my date from my old iPhone 5s, 12.4.9, will the issue likely disappear?