Subscription Unavailable - Strange Behavior with StoreKit

I added my first subscription to my app using StoreKit's SubscriptionStoreView. Everything worked as expected in the debug environment and also in TestFlight. So I submitted my app and subscriptions to App Store Connect, got everything Approved and released. After updating my app through App Store and checking the Subscription View, it just says "Subscription Unavailable. The subscription is unavailable in the current storefront."

I waited around 3 days and still getting the same message. Now the very strange behavior starts. I went to App Store Connect, I made and edit to the subscription description, saved, removed the edit, saved, and submitted to review. 15 minutes later the subscriptions appear in my app and everything works as expected. After getting the edit approved, the Subscription View in my app again only showed the message "Subscription Unavailable. The subscription is unavailable in the current storefront." No user is able to see the subscriptions anymore, even though it worked as expected before the edit was approved.

So I did the same as before. Again, make an edit to the subscription description, save, remove the edit, save, submit to review. 15 minutes later the subscriptions are again available in my app and it works as expected.

This is definitely not the expected behavior and submitting the subscription edits every day is wasting the App Review Team's time as well as mine. I contacted Apple Developer Support but I didn't get any reply back (at least yet).

I am not the only one experiencing this. I found a friend online who has the exact same issue, and is able to temporarily solve it by making an edit to the subscription description as well.

So far it has been a huge headache, and we are losing customers this way. Please if anyone has experience with this problem, or has any suggestions, they will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much,

Tomas

Can you please also report this via https://feedbackassistant.apple.com/, including app and IAP details, and share your FB# ticket number here? Thank you!

Hi!

I encountered the same issue. In Xcode, my App Store Connect subscriptions loaded perfectly without a StoreKit configuration once everything was set up (and tested) correctly. Everything also worked fine in TestFlight, but in the App Store itself, nothing worked. The subscriptions themselves work; I can redeem codes or manage my subscription, but StoreKit2’s SubscriptionMarketingView doesn’t load the storefront.

My subscriptions were approved, and my app was approved—everything seemed perfect. However, the storefront didn’t load, and I couldn’t figure out why. I added the In-App Purchase Intent, hoping it would fix the issue, but it didn’t.

What ultimately fixed the issue was editing the subscription description back and forth every time Apple’s review team approved my description. Right after approval, it stops working again until I force another review by changing the description.

Please fix this issue as soon as possible.

Yes we counter exactly the same problem and the same method to temporary solve the problem again and again. Apple engineers should solve this bug asap.

Touching the same problem, is there a solution?

Hi!

I encountered the same issue, and I also submitted feedback in case more information is needed for the investigation.

Here is my FB# ticket number: FB14415041

Could it have something to do with region availability? I have my app available in Germany and Austria - the subscription was available worldwide. As soon as I changed the subscriptions availalbe regions to the same 2, the subscription loaded.

Don't know if it was a coincidence or not.

Hello,

Up until yesterday, everything was working perfectly, and I didn’t need to adjust my subscriptions for the storefront to function. Unfortunately, I noticed yesterday that with my German Apple account, only one of the two subscriptions in a subscription group was displayed on the storefront. I have a monthly and a yearly subscription option, but only the monthly one was shown. However, with an Austrian account, both options were displayed normally. This suggests that the issue might be region-specific, and it makes me question the reliability of the information on which countries my subscriptions are available in.

I changed the description back and forth, submitted it for review, and within a few minutes, the yearly option reappeared on the storefront.

However, today, the entire storefront failed to load again. This time, the entire storefront is down, not just one option. I just edited and resubmitted both subscriptions, but now only the monthly option appears.

This problem is unacceptable. It's terrible not being able to rely on the subscription service functioning properly. If this continues, I will be forced to look for alternatives soon.

Okay, this time it definitely took much longer, but the yearly option eventually became available again. Unfortunately, changing the description to fix the storefront issue is usually only a temporary solution. Once the review team approves the description, the storefront stops loading again. Additionally, I can no longer be sure that it works equally well in all regions.

Subscription Unavailable - Strange Behavior with StoreKit

Q