Do personal accounts support teams? Are there restrictions?

I'm assisting a customer with an iOS app. He has a personal (non-company) Apple Developer account. I know that this kind of account didn't used to support collaborators, but I'm not sure what the current status is.

He was able to add me to his account and give me permissions (Developer, App Manager). However when I run Xcode, his account does not appear in the list of Teams under my Apple ID, which is preventing me from working.

Is this a bug or temporary problem or is the fact that his account is a personal account preventing me from doing this?

Answered by DTS Engineer in 788439022

You need to careful about terminology here:

• A Personal Team is something you get when you sign in with an Apple ID that’s not a member of any other team.

• An Individual team is what you get when you join the developer program as an individual.

• An Organization team is what you get when you join the developer program as an organisation.

The Personal Team feature has significant limitations. For the details, see Developer > Support > Choosing a Membership.

There are also limitations of Individual teams. Most notably of these is that an Individual team can add multiple members but that don’t get development privileges. See the note in the Permissions in App Store Connect section of Developer > Support > Articles > Program Roles.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

Accepted Answer

You need to careful about terminology here:

• A Personal Team is something you get when you sign in with an Apple ID that’s not a member of any other team.

• An Individual team is what you get when you join the developer program as an individual.

• An Organization team is what you get when you join the developer program as an organisation.

The Personal Team feature has significant limitations. For the details, see Developer > Support > Choosing a Membership.

There are also limitations of Individual teams. Most notably of these is that an Individual team can add multiple members but that don’t get development privileges. See the note in the Permissions in App Store Connect section of Developer > Support > Articles > Program Roles.

Share and Enjoy

Thanks for the response. This person has a published app in the app store, so I assume he joined the developer program as an individual.

They can check that by going to the Developer > Account and then clicking on “Membership details”. The “Enrolled as” field will be “Individual” or “Organization”.

Share and Enjoy

Do personal accounts support teams? Are there restrictions?

Q