DSA compliance in the EU: How to update address from DUNS?

Apple asked me today to add the compliance information for the Digital Services Act in the EU. I tried to do so, but ran into a major issue here.

When I created the developer account many years ago, it was a personal account used by me as a natural person / freelancer in Germany. When I later founded my US company, I converted the existing developer account into a business account for that company. While doing this, I obtained a DUNS number which is linked to the business address in the States (California).

However, it seems as if this US address never made it into App Store Connect. It still shows my personal address in Germany, which is not correct. I cannot modify it either. The address page says that I have to update it at DUNS. However, in their system, everything is ok.

The problem seems to be related to the transfer of the address data between DUNS and App Store Connect. I opened up a ticket in the DUNS system, but I need to publish a new version of our app soon. So I am wondering if there is a faster way to get this resolved somehow?

Replies

I have the exact same issue. It seems the address information is stored in more than one place. If I look at my account membership details, it shows the new address. But the banner shown during the compliance flow shows my old addresses under two entities, my LLC and my Personal one.

I went through ADP tech support (sent them an email) to see if they could update it.

But then I went ahead and proceeded with the compliance steps, and it pre-populated the address form with the correct address, so maybe it will work for you too.

Same problem. I also changed from a personal account to an organization account.

My organization address shows correctly everywhere including DUNS pages, but the DSA verification page shows my old personal address, with no option to change it.

Left with no choice I proceeded with verification (brilliantly) and voila, now I have my personal address on all European App Store pages!

It's been over 20 days now. I'm banging my head with Apple's Eurodev support and all I'm getting is that my problem has been conveyed to the engineering team. That's it. No acknowledgement or response or any sort of idea from the engineering team as to when will this be fixed.

I asked them if in the meanwhile they can manually update the address but guess what - they don't have this provision! Surprised? Why?

Every time I follow up, I am asked to provide a screen recording of the problem, screenshots and timestamps of when it occurred! Once is fine. I can understand. But every time? Sure why not!

Absolutely pathetic support