Apple Watch not showing in XCode

I got a new MacBook and set it up as a new one, not transferring any data from the old one.

But now the Apple Watch (Series 6) paired with my iPhone (14 Pro Max) ist not shown in Xcode.

iPhone and Watch are using the latest RC and also Xcode is the latest RC. But in Xcode I ca only see my iPhone, not the paired Watch.

See Screenshots. The first shows the new MacBook and the second the old one.

I already tried a lot, but nothing helps:

• Unpair Watch from Phone and then pair it again
  • Plug the iPhone to different USB ports
  • Restart Watch, iPhone and Mac
  • Delete the iPhone from Xcode
  • Enable and disable Developer Mode on iPhone and Watch

What else can I try to get the Watch back?

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of Urkman Down vote post of Urkman
3.0k views

Replies

Same Issue here. Tried everything,

• unparing, restarting, etc ...
  • Developer mode is On on both iPhone and Watch.
  • The watch asked me if i wanna give my Mac Mini Access to it, tapped yes.

Everything is setup as before but the watch does not appear under devices as paired device to my iPhone as well in xCode as run destination. I'm developing on watch since 2 years ago and something is not working in Xcode 15 as before. The strange thing is that the watch appears twice in console app but when i hit "Start Streaming" no logs appears.

I'm experiencing the same issue

I am having the same issue. WatchOS 10.4

same issue and ive tried countless things, the option for Developer mode is also missing from the watch itself for me

This worked for me. Im using a M1 Macbook with iphone 13 and watch series 4 (44mm/wifi/gps)

I followed from this thread: https://forums.developer.apple.com/forums/thread/733153 Steps

1. Install sysdiagnose profile on iPhone.
  2. Trigger a sysdiagnose by pressing and holding both the Side and Digital Crown buttons on the Watch for two seconds and release, Watch will restart automatically
  3. Restart Xcode and hopefully it may recognise the Watch

My steps were slightly different. Its not 100% guaranteed but worked for me twice (1st when I had accidently removed watch from Xcode, and 2nd time when I changed to a new macbook) Prereq:

1. Xcode, Phone and Watch have latest updates
  2. Phone and Watch paired
  3. Phone and Watch are both connected on the same wifi network - important as Xcode connects to both devices over the network.
  4. Developer mode enabled on Phone
  5. Developer mode enabled on Watch

Steps

1. Disconnect usb cable from phone to macbook, and disconnect usb cable from watch to macbook
  2. In Xcode, open Devices and Simulators, Unpair phone from Xcode, then close Xcode
  3. On phone - hold down volume up, volume down and side button to turn off phone. Then turn phone back on
  4. Open Xcode and open Devices and Simulators
  5. Connect phone to macbook using USB cable. On the phone when prompted to Trust Computer, accept connection
  6. Once paired close Xcode
  7. Connect watch to macbook on USB cable. Make sure the watch is connected on the wifi
  8. On the watch - hold down crown and side button to restart watch
  9. On the watch when prompted to Trust Computer, accept connection (Cant remember if I had to open Xcode first) - I think this step is important for Xcode to detect watch, and requires the watch to be on the wifi
  10. Open Xcode, open Devices and Simulators and watch should appear

Notes:

1. The Trust Computer connection seems to be a key step and in order by the phone first followed by the watch. For the watch it seems to relie on the Wifi to work, however I cant confirm as it also maybe connecting via the phone.
  2. The Wifi is a key prereq for both Watch and Phone. I had to recheck my Watch wfi settings as sometimes it would lose connection and the Trust Computer step would not work
  3. If not working, try turning off and on developer modes on both devices before repeating steps. I think had I do to this when I changed laptops
  4. I didnt have to re-pair the phone and watch, so you can eliminate this step
  • Accidentally added my post as a comment

Add a Comment

I finally got his working on the latest Xcode v15.4 and WatchOS v10.5 releases! I had to restart my MacBook after updating everything.

I have Xcode 15.4 MacOS 14.4.1 WatchOS 10.5 Phone 17.4.1

and still my Xcode don't show my apple watch and in my apple watch I don't have "developers mode" option. I have tried everything above and cannot continue with my project... Did anyone find a solution for that? :(