Xcode 15 beta 2 doesn't see my Apple Watch Ultra(watchOS 10), but Xcode 14.3.1 does

iPhone: iOS 17.0 (21A5268h) Apple Watch Ultra: watchOS 10.0 (21R5295g) Xcode: Version 15.0 beta 2 (15A5161b) macOS: 13.4.1 (22F82)

Xcode 15 beta 2 doesn't see my Apple Watch Ultra(watchOS 10), but Xcode 14.3.1 does. However, I cannot run on Xcode 14.3.1 because it doesn't support iOS 17 and watchOS 10.

Really frustrated, wasted all night debugging and failed. Maybe I have to return my watch to Apple Store on the weekend.

• Already tried all kinds of method, including restart device / reconnect bluetooth / reconnect WIFI / repairing watch / reinstalling Xcode, anything you can imagine, I have already tried!!

Add a Comment

Accepted Reply

For anyone who encountered the same issue, can try with following steps:

1. Install sysdiagnose profile on iPhone: https://download.developer.apple.com/iOS/watchOS_Logs/sysdiagnose_Logging_Instructions.pdf
  2. Trigger a sysdiagnose by pressing and holding both the Side and Digital Crown buttons on the Watch for two seconds and release, Watch will restart automatically
  3. Restart Xcode and hopefully it may recognise the Watch
  • a hero right here. Thank you

• Worked for me. Thanks!

Add a Comment

Replies

Connecting an Apple Watch Ultra should "just work" with Xcode 15. Can you please file Feedback with a sysdiagnose from the Mac (and the watch, if possible—tho this will require installing the sysdiagnose profile as described here: https://developer.apple.com/services-account/download?path=/iOS/watchOS_Logs/sysdiagnose_Logging_Instructions.pdf). If you post the FB number here, we'll get it routed to the correct team. Thanks!

• Really thanks for your reply. I tried to reproduce on a different mac today, firstly it cannot be recognised just like last night. Then I installed sysdiagnose profile you mentioned and enabled sysdiagnose mode on my watch. And suddenly Xcode 15 can recognise the watch! Super weird, I will try to connect my watch on previous mac later tonight.

Add a Comment

For anyone who encountered the same issue, can try with following steps:

1. Install sysdiagnose profile on iPhone: https://download.developer.apple.com/iOS/watchOS_Logs/sysdiagnose_Logging_Instructions.pdf
  2. Trigger a sysdiagnose by pressing and holding both the Side and Digital Crown buttons on the Watch for two seconds and release, Watch will restart automatically
  3. Restart Xcode and hopefully it may recognise the Watch
  • a hero right here. Thank you

• Worked for me. Thanks!

Add a Comment

The steps outlined would not make it work again. They're the steps for gathering logs for a Feedback. Restarting the watch and Xcode are likely what made it work, not taking a sysdiagnose (also taking a sysdiagnose properly does not make your watch restart).

This seem to be fixed on watchOS/Xcode beta 6. After updating to the latest version today, my Watch device started pairing with Xcode 15 agin

Same issue with Xcode 15.2 and Apple Watch Ultra The steps provided by @yanjin666 worked. Thank you.