Does it possible to release another online version of exist app

I have deleoped a tool app for record things and schedule time , and fully offline, so it's easy to use and dont need to worry about data leak.

But AI move so fast, i want to integrate into this app, help user get more insight from recorded things or better plan. Also simplify cross-device data sync (now user need import/export for backup or sync);

So there're two options for me:

1. Integrate AI directly into current apps , online features (AI/Account) as additional services . But this might break user experience, or uninstall app afraid of privacy leak.
  2. Create new version from current code base, and release as new app with online features. Old version keep update focus on offline experience.

The second option balanced user experience and most acceptable, but I dont know Apple will reject my second one or not? (because there're many same functions),

Replies

OK, maybe i should try submit new one then record the process

If you publish a software title that shares same features with an existing one, it can be rejected. Some reviewers check and see if you already have one or more similar titles. You can get a flat rejection. Or they may suggest that you provide new features as add-ons to an existing software title. So you may consider offering in-app purchases. Of course, you can play dumb and submit a new title, which carries a risk of being rejected not now but later on.