CKQueryOperation in private database produces 500 errors from server and in CloudKit Console

I've been scratching my head on this one.

Out of the blue, part of my 'synchronization' mechanism that copies 'favorites' from device to device has stopped working. A user can save a favorite location and it will propagate to all of their other devices, or repopulate after an uninstall and reinstall.

My code in the space hasn't changed for months and I haven't made any schema changes to this type either. Last night I noticed the process wasn't working anymore.

My CKQueryOperation result completion is returning this error: <CKError 0x2818a16b0: "Server Rejected Request" (15/2001); "Request failed with http status code 500"; uuid = 2CA523A6-8F39-4538-98AF-E9B7D6CACF73>

What is telling to me is that the CloudKit Console also fails with an internal error when I try to query this type in MY private database for two different accounts. I can query another type in the private database but this one won't work for two of the Apple ID's I have tried. Also interesting, if I query this type in the PUBLIC database, even though this type is only saved to the private database, that operation succeeds just fine.

I don't want to burn a DTS ticket for a server issue.

FB13543186 - CloudKit: Receiving 500 when performing a query operation on the private database

CloudKit status page is green on the developer site as of this morning.

Accepted Reply

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing some problems. The issue should have been resolved now, could you please try again.

• Funny I just found this post as I am currently experiencing and researching this very issue, and like the OP, don’t want to burn a DTS.

• @Developer Tools Engineer Any comment on what happened or what was performed to resolve it? If none that can be shared, what is the best course of action if it occurs again? I will mark my feedback as resolved.

Add a Comment

Replies

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing some problems. The issue should have been resolved now, could you please try again.

• Funny I just found this post as I am currently experiencing and researching this very issue, and like the OP, don’t want to burn a DTS.

• @Developer Tools Engineer Any comment on what happened or what was performed to resolve it? If none that can be shared, what is the best course of action if it occurs again? I will mark my feedback as resolved.

Add a Comment

Thank you for your patience, and for reporting the issue. We did have a short outage that affected a small number of users. It has been addressed, and you should be seeing normal behavior from your application.

If you have an issue like this, posting in this forum is a good first step. It is always recommended that you file an issue with Feedback Assistant and share the FB number. This way you can provide your container name and a request UUID if available. These can help narrow down the solution much more quickly, and get a response directly to you either publicly or privately depending on the situation.

I've seen this several times in the past year, including the past three days. Please stop doing this!