Using two Apple IDs (pro/personal) on the same iPhone device from a developer's perspective

I hope this question has not been asked too much before.

I currently have two Apple ID accounts:

• one account for personal purposes, that has my family bound to it. I use it for parental controls for my daughter's iPhone
  • one account for development purposes (iOS development).

I have only one single iPhone device.

From this iPhone, it is critical that I log in as the developer account to be able to use internal app testing (external app testing needs to go through Apple validation, which I don't want since I'm using internal testing to quickly verify that the app runs without glitches before deployment).

However, I would like to use parental controls on this iPhone too, which are unfortunately linked to the other account. Setting parental controls on a web site would work but as far as I know Apple does not provide such a web site (only Mac or iOS terminals can manipulate parental controls).

Switching between accounts is tedious and error-prone.

I could buy another phone, but carrying two phones will me is just too cumbersome.

In this situation, what are my options?

FWIW - I have same issue, though, not because of parental control. I was wanting to keep my development account separate from my day to day work.

I would think you define your device to your developer account. Then, archive your app. In the organizer Xcode window, do an adHoc distribution. Export the app on your Mac. Download the IPA, and in a finder window, drag it to your non-developer iPhone. That should get the app there. Note, you will still have to put your device into developer mode, to get it to work. Hope this is helpful.

Thanks for your reply.

The way I did it is that I first connected to Apple Store Connect using my development account, then I registered my personal account in the Apple Store Connect "Users and access" page. From there, I gave it the "Customer support" role, as it seems this role gives the least amount of control of app, as suggested here: https://developer.apple.com/support/roles/

However, when I connect to Apple Store Connect using my personal account, then access my iOS application, the amount of control I have on it is scary: it seems I can pretty much fiddle around every setting!

This is not what I want - I would like my personal account to be able to access internal beta versions, but have near-zero access rights on Apple Store Connect.

Is this possible?

Using two Apple IDs (pro/personal) on the same iPhone device from a developer's perspective

Q