Submitting visionOS apps to TestFlight: "Invalid Provisioning Profile"

I understand from the Xcode release notes that it is now possible to submit visionOS apps to TestFlight.

I'm getting the error "Asset validation failed" "Invalid Provisioning Profile. This provisioning profile is not compatible with visionOS apps". when uploading to TestFlight.

I use an Xcode managed profile, and am using the same bundle id as for the iOS and Mac versions of the app. In the "Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles" -> "Edit your App ID Configuration" it lists "iOS, iPadOS, macOS, tvOS, watchOS, visionOS" under "Platform".

Is there some guidance on submitting visionOS apps to TestFlight? Any ideas on how to regenerate the profile to include visionOS apps?

Thanks, Damian

Accepted Reply

I resolved this by deleting the profile under ~/Library/MobileDevice/Provisioning\ Profiles/ and letting Xcode regenerate it.

If anyone happens to have a physical Vision Pro and wants to try out my app just let me know ;-)

Replies

I resolved this by deleting the profile under ~/Library/MobileDevice/Provisioning\ Profiles/ and letting Xcode regenerate it.

If anyone happens to have a physical Vision Pro and wants to try out my app just let me know ;-)

How did you manage to archive a build for visionOS? When I archive, it seems to always archive just the iOS version, even though I've added visionOS as a supported destination. When I try to archive for the visionOS simulator, it says "invalid run destination".

• I was facing the same issue with my multi platform app target and was able to solve it by changing the Base SDK build setting from iOS to Automatic.

Add a Comment