Issue uploading release builds using ITMS Transporter: ITMS-90529 Invalid package

I'm dealing with a problem uploading our release binaries that is completely perplexing. If I use the ITMS Transporter desktop app to upload my IPA, everything works fine. If I use the ITMS Transporter command line interface (which i'm calling from inside the desktop app's directory /Applications/Transporter.app/Contents/itms/bin/iTMSTransporter -m upload...) to upload my IPA, I get the following error

ERROR ITMS-90529: Invalid package. Applications built with sdk 9.0 or later must be packaged as proper IPA files.

No idea why this error is coming up. I can also use altool to upload my binaries successfully. The issue is altool is being deprecated and I need to be able to use the ITMS command line interface as part of some deployment scripts we have.

Please help!

I had the same error, make me feel sad.

Im also having the same issue trying to upload using the Transporter app for Linux. Using the macOS one works perfectly, but on linux i get the same error:

ERROR ITMS-90529: Invalid package. Applications built with sdk 9.0 or later must be packaged as proper IPA files

Is this with exactly the same .ipa file? That is, if you take a .ipa that works with Transporter on macOS and then upload exactly that same file on Linux, what do you get?

samyachour

The issue is altool is being deprecated

altool is only deprecated for the purposes of notarisation (being replaced by notarytool). It continues to be a recommended operation for other purposes.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

i'm starstruck haha

This is with the exact same IPA file. I know you're asking the guy who was trying on Linux, but I want to also highlight that the same IPA file uploaded via the GUI of the MacOS Transporter app works, while passing that IPA into the command line interface for Transporter doesn't work.

I suspect the MacOS Transporter GUI is using a slightly different version of the ITMS Transporter binary than the CLI or Linux Transporter app are.

Issue uploading release builds using ITMS Transporter: ITMS-90529 Invalid package

Q