iPadOS 17 beta update — Apple ID verification failed

After installing the latest iPadOS 17 update on my iPad Pro 12.9-inch (2020), the setup assistant appears; I select a Wi-Fi network, and after a moment, a message appears that "Verification Failed" because "there was a problem connecting to the server."

I have done the following:

• Rebooted the iPad
  • Tried other Wi-Fi networks
  • Tried without Wi-Fi, using cellular only
  • Removed the iPad from my iCloud account (hoping it would trigger a different error I could get past)
  • Reset my Apple ID password (hoping, again, it would get me to a different error)
  • Checked the date and time — in the status bar, it looks like the date and time on the iPad are correct.

I am now having trouble getting the iPad to go into DFU mode to try restoring it from my Mac. I can reboot the iPad (vol up, vol down, power-hold), but holding the button does not enter DFU.

Any suggestions?

• Twice I updated my iPad Pro 12.9 in. to 17.0 beta 3, and both times, the iPad reset and was left with the black screen and Apple logo. I had to reinstall the current ios to my iPad using iTunes on my PC. My question is, why are they okaying for ios 17.0 beta 3 to install on iPad Pro 12.9 if it's failing?

Add a Comment

Accepted Reply

I kept trying to get into DFU, and I was eventually able to do so and restore the iPad, reinstall beta 3, and restore from backup.

No resolution on the original issue, however.

Replies

I kept trying to get into DFU, and I was eventually able to do so and restore the iPad, reinstall beta 3, and restore from backup.

No resolution on the original issue, however.

I have the same problem, no luck fixing it so far

Same situation. Restored iPad, but upon restoring from backup verification fails

Having the same issue. Same results, verification fails.

HI there! After restarting my device (after updating to iOS 17 build 3 and getting the verification error), I was able to use Siri (holding down the power button for 1 second) from the post-setup intro screen and then I asked it to turn on AirPlane Mode. Once Airplane Mode was on, it let me skip the connect to Wifi section and I was in! No DFU needed.