Xcode 15 beta - Only one native Mac app can be added to the App Store

Xcode 15 beta is giving me the following warning for my Mac App (Mac Catalyst), SDK: macOS destination.

Only one native Mac app can be added to the App Store.

I don't see the warning on Xcode 14.3.1. What gives? I don't see anything about this in the release notes for the beta version.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of SpaceMan Down vote post of SpaceMan
2.5k views

Replies

I am seeing this as well. I have iPad and Mac Catalyst enabled for the same target. in Xcode 14 it has macOS as the SDK for Mac Catalyst, but in Xcode 15 it uas iOS as the SDK.

Experiencing the same.

I'm filling a bug report on this.

Feedback made: FB12313651

Me too. I want to know what does this warning mean.

Has anybody gotten any word on this? It's still and unknown to me.

No word yet on this?

Anybody figure out what is going on here?

Got the same. Everything seems to work fine though, but the warning has been there for a few betas already…

Still here on the RC - what gives?

I'm getting the error on Xcode 15.0 (15A240d), but only on my M1. Seems to work fine submitting Catalyst apps from an Intel Mac.

I am using M1 & Xcode 15 and seeing the same... Using MacCatalyst

If I submit to App Store for review in this condition what will happen?

When I archive and distribute I only see the iOS application in AppStoreConnect...

Do I need to submit a different binary to the Mac App Store? How will Mac users find my app

In my case, when I submitted my app recently, nothing bad happened when I submitted my MacCatalyst binary to App Store Connect. @SwampDog, you need to submit a separate binary for the MacCatalyst app, I believe.

So to clarify this important point, am I correct in assuming a Mac user purchasing a Mac catalyst app from the Mac App Store will not be able to install the iPad version of the App from the iOS store without purchasing it again from the iOS Store?! But if the user first purchases the app from the iOS Store, they can then download the iOS App to their Mac via the App Store if they are on an M series Mac, but they would have to purchase the App again through the Mac App Store if they are not on an M series Mac and want to run the Mac version as well?! I'd really appreciate Apple clarifying this dynamic - as I've probably got it wrong but there does not seem to be any clear documentation about selling Mac Catalyst commercial apps for different devices.