iOS App does not appear in App Store search results

I have an new iOS app called CaptionEdit. I have set a number of different keywords for it in App Store Connect including 'caption photos' and 'add text to photos'. However, if I type either of these these phrases into the iOS App Store search box, my app does not appear in the 150+ results at all, even though the bottom-ranking apps (like mine) have no ratings or reviews. App Store connect indicates that my app has had 29 downloads over the past month and 5 over the past 7 days. Is the absence of my app in search results from a keyword due to apps requiring a minimum number of downloads over an averaging period to even appear in keyword search results? (The app does appear if use the app name as a search term).

Replies

There is some Algorithm behind. Nobody tells you how it exactly works. But downloads, revenue and reviews make a difference.

Just be happy if it appears when you search for the exact app name :)

• Bottom-ranked results for iOS App Store searches for "Caption Photos" all show results from developers with at least two apps available, even though they may have no ratings or reviews. Does the number of apps a developer has available in the App Store influence search result rankings?

Add a Comment