Xcode Beta Simulator on Mac OS Ventura Often Needs to Restart

Noticing that the simulator is often in some state that requires it to Quit and restart it.

I often do this:

• CMD+R to run.
  • Make changes.
  • CMD+R to run (overwrite the existing session).

The app (kinda) quits, but the screen is completely black. Like the app hasn't completely quit.

The result is that Xcode just constantly says "Launching [App]...". And I have to quit the simulator.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of gngrwzrd Down vote post of gngrwzrd
4.8k views
  • This is happening to me too! On the official Ventura Release and Xcode 14.1. Did you manage to fix it? can you please take it seriously, it's very annoying for developers, and I don't think Apple Corp. doesn't have developers to resolve that issue. Please try to understand.

Add a Comment

Replies

This is happening to me too! On official Ventura Release and Xcode 14.0.1. Did you manage to fix it?

I have the same question too ! MacOS Ventura 13 Xcode 14.01,hope to the answers

I also have the exact same issue. Anyone has a solution for this?

I also have same issue

Have been fighting with the same bug for a month now. Hopefully it gets fixed soon....

I had the same problem, to fix this you have to grant full disk access to Xcode by System Preferences > Privacy > Full Disk Access.

• Doesn't work

• This doesn't work for me

• After giving full access stills the simulator is not working as expected. I am using xcode 14.2 , ventura OS and M1 mack book pro.

Add a Comment

I tried the above, full of confidence ... but it is still happening to me :(

+1 me too. I'm losing hours on this every week since the update :-(

The same here. M1 2020, Ventura 13.2 with Xcode 14.0.1 and 14.2 (on both the same issue). Apple, please do something!

The same here. M1 2020, Ventura 13.2 with Xcode 14.0.1 and 14.2 (on both the same issue). Apple, please do something! I dont think that Apple doesn't have a developer to resolve that bug.

1. Download XCode from AppStore
  2. sudo xcode-select --switch /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer
  3. sudo xcodebuild -runFirstLaunch

Then everything started working fine.

• doesn't help.

• Thanks - on Ventura on an M1, that worked for me!

Add a Comment

Same issue (Ventura 13.3, XCode 14.3), cannot launch any iOS 16 simulators at all - they all come up blank and never start.

I can launch iOS 15.2 simulators, but cannot get debugger to attach to code running in them so kinda useless for debugging.

This is super annoying and has been going on for a long time. How come nobody from Apple can see that this is a serious issue?

Apple, please, prioritise this issue: It is slowing down the developing/debugging process.

Thanks!

i am having the same problem. It is believed that this problem has not been solved and seen for months.

macOS 13.5 (22G74) xCode 14.3.1 (14E300c)

Have the same problem. Need to restart Simulator every project run.

UPD: when try to quit Simulator to relaunch it it fails with error:

Details

The operation couldn’t be completed. (Mach error -308 - (ipc/mig) server died)
Domain: NSMachErrorDomain
Code: -308
User Info: {
    DVTErrorCreationDateKey = "2023-08-08 08:15:21 +0000";
    IDERunOperationFailingWorker = IDELaunchiPhoneSimulatorLauncher;
}
--