Pre-order link preview in Messages app is showing unapproved/older App Store screenshot

I just released my app for pre-order and the message link preview in the Messages app for the listing is somehow using an older screenshot that was provided to App Store Connect weeks ago.

I deleted and uploaded new screenshots just this weekend before sending in for review and everything looks correct in App Store Connect. I just confirmed what is showing in link previews does NOT match what was approved in App Store Connect. Has anyone else encountered similar issues when listing their apps for pre-order or just in general?

What is really strange is that the image being shown in link previews was approved once, but I developer rejected it. Maybe some caching issue with Apple preemptively propagating the images when it was approved the first time before I chose to release it? Just speculating.

FB11257903

Accepted Reply

Hi @edorphy! It's possible that you may have some old assets in App Store Connect of which you're not aware. Log into App Store connect and check your 5.5" screenshots. I've also sent this information back to you in the FB ticket.

• Thanks! I checked media manager and the 5.5 inch didn't get updated, looks like a mistake on my end. However, I think it was still expected that the link preview would take the 6.5 inch screenshot if previewing on an iPhone 13 Pro vs an SE given that the 5.8" display is falling back to 6.5. Here is to hoping I can change preorder screenshots with FB11255286.

Add a Comment

Replies

Hi @edorphy! It's possible that you may have some old assets in App Store Connect of which you're not aware. Log into App Store connect and check your 5.5" screenshots. I've also sent this information back to you in the FB ticket.

• Thanks! I checked media manager and the 5.5 inch didn't get updated, looks like a mistake on my end. However, I think it was still expected that the link preview would take the 6.5 inch screenshot if previewing on an iPhone 13 Pro vs an SE given that the 5.8" display is falling back to 6.5. Here is to hoping I can change preorder screenshots with FB11255286.

Add a Comment

Regarding FB11255286, it is possible to change your screenshots during the pre-order phase by submitting a new binary with updated screenshots attached.

We document this in our docs here: https://help.apple.com/app-store-connect/#/dev44877b669

While your app is available for pre-order, you can update your app by creating and submitting a new version. The new version must be approved before it can be published as a pre-order on the App Store, so be sure to follow the App Review Guidelines. If you submit a version update during the pre-order period, customers will receive the latest version published to the App Store once your app is released for download.