Error trying to download iPadOS 16 Public Beta

Hi everyone, Apple requested that I post here. I have installed the correct beta profile on my iPad Pro 12.9 (5th Generation) with cellular (not active). I see the screen in Software Update asking me to Download and Update to iOS 16 Public Beta and everything looks great. When I click on it I receive an error.

I have tried: a) Uninstall and reinstall the profile b) Hard reboot c) Use file app on Mac laptop to initiate a Software Update (but says its up-to-date with the current iOS 15.6 beta which is the current install).

I have 700GB free on the iPad as well. There is no partial download or download under General>iPad storage. I am at a bit of a loss as to why it won’t work. IOS 16 worked fine on my 3rd Gen iPad Pro (no cellular). It also worked great on my Apple TV and iPhone 13. Just this iPad that isn’t working. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Add a Comment

Accepted Reply

Uninstalled the iPadOS 16 beta profile. Updated iPadOS 15.6 to the latest version which came out yesterday. Reinstalled the iPadOS 16 beta profile. Went to software update and updated my iPadOS to 16 and it worked. Typing this on my iPad with iPadOS 16 live.

Replies

having same issue. iphone 11

Same here in the ipad iPad (7th generation)

Following. having this issue on iphone as well. it will take about 10m to download, changes to “preparing update” and then gives this error message. I have enough space, stay plugged in on wifi the entire time. Not sure what to do.

Just to add to the above, I erased all settings and restored the iPad to factory settings. Then I restored my backup from iCloud, re-installed the beta profile, and still receive the same error.

I cannot determine whether the issue is device specific or on Apple’s end but given others are experiencing this on different devices, it is still difficult to determine the cause.

My original thought was that it may be due to my iPad having a cellular connection but as this appears to be happening on some iPhones, it may not be the cause. Before I reset the device, it was asking me if I wanted to use cellular data if I get disconnected from Wi-Fi even though I did not have a cellular plan installed.

I also was wondering if there is a partial download sitting somewhere but not showing up under iPad storage.

i cannot reinstall the iOS 15 beta as that profile has been deleted and I cannot find it on Apple’s beta site anymore. Perhaps waiting for the next update of iOS 15 may resolve the issue.

One additional thought, perhaps the beta profile isn’t working with the particular hardware integration and therefore returns an error. Perhaps when the Beta 2 is out it may work.

Same issue here - Iphone XS Max

Same error here with my iPad 12.9 Pro, downloaded the profile, not been able to install, tried resetting network settings, hard restarts, pretty much everythign above and still getting the same error as you BDTech Would love to know a work around or if this will be a Beta 2 fix

I'm also having the same issues and am not sure what's going on. Has anyone figured out a fix or a workaround solution to this issue? I have a iPhone 12.

Following. Same issue with wife’s iPhone 11. I installed developer beta on my iPhone 12 just fine the day it released and on beta 3 currently. I have tried everything to install the public version on her iPhone 11 and keep getting the failed message.

Following. Same issue with XS

Have not figured out a work around yet. I have done a clean restore to no avail. I have noticed on occasion that it gives me an error trying to download that I am not connected with Wi-Fi even though I am and it is working. When I reinitiate, I get the error in the image above.

Following.

Having the same issue.

Same here.

Same issue on iPhone SE 2020.

I was having the exact same error when attempting to update to the latest iOS 16 beta.

I went under settings > General > iPhone storage, and then deleted the iOS beta update download there, restarted my Phone and tried the update again and it worked perfectly. Downloaded and installed successfully. Hopefully this works for anyone having the same issue.

• The problem we were experiencing animaus was that doing this did not work for us. However removing the profile, updating iPadOS 15.6 to the latest update (came out yesterday), reinstalling the iPadOS 16 beta profile, and the updating the software worked for me.

Add a Comment