Tester invite getting kicked back saying invalid

For some reason every invite I get sent to my email now is causing the developers issues. Until this past week I never had any problems getting testflight invites now when a developer uses my email they immediately get a flag saying "1 tester has an invalid name or email address and wasn't added"

The only work around has been getting the developers to add a . or + in my email to have it sent out to me and then I can redeem via the redeem code, which works without any issues.

What gives? some sort of bug in testflight? Block on my name/ email? Please help!

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of araposo8 Down vote post of araposo8
18k views
  • I have the same issue. I tried to remove the tester (myself) of all our apps (30+), and tried to add it again. With some apps it is possible to add the Apple ID tester, with some apps it is not.

Add a Comment

Replies

Same issue over here. developer AT example.com got kicked. I changed the Apple-ID to jan.developer AT example.com and then it was accepted. Gmail users can add dots anywhere in the own name, so they should be able to do the same. But users at other domains might not have the same flexibility.

Hi @Apple TestFlight team - Is there any resolution to this issue? This is causing a SERIOUS roadblock in our go live plans.

K.

Same here

I'm also having this issue, and it's very annoying.

I have the same issue. "1 tester has an invalid name or email address and wasn’t added" The user I'm trying to add is app store connect user and he added to other apps.

same here

Same.

Same, no solution yet except creating a new Apple ID.

This is a ridiculous issue. For us the workaround was to send the invitation to another e-mail and forward it to the apple id one and claim from there.

We had Apple Dev Support look into the issue and here is what they replied with. Hopefully this will be of some help to others that are having the same problem and for the same reason:

This error occurred because a different Apple ID than the one you invited in App Store Connect accepted the tester invitation for [redacted email address]. A tester can only link to one Apple ID.

To unlink the two Apple IDs, take the following steps in App Store Connect:

1. Remove the affected tester on the “All Testers” pane in TestFlight for all apps. Note: Testers in the “Deleted” state aren't fully removed from TestFlight until their last installed build expires. Testers have access to installed builds for up to 90 days, even if you manually expire the build in App Store Connect.
  2. Invite the tester again.
  3. Make sure that the tester is signed in to the TestFlight app with the correct Apple ID when they accept the new invitation.

I'm having the same issue. I reported it via Feedback Assistant and got the same 'fix' about removing the tester from the account. The only issue with this fix is they note that the tester is not deleted until the last build they were invited to expires (up to 90 days). I asked if the tester can not be re-invited until after the build expired and they confirmed that was the case. Having to wait 90 days makes this an unacceptable workaround in my opinion. I asked if there was any plan to address but have not received a response yet.

• The suggested workaround didn't even work for us. We've had builds that had expired, and we still couldn't add new testers into it. So I don't even recommend to try their "workaround" as it is waste of time.

Add a Comment

This just happen to me yesterday. I'm the developer. It randomly removed me as an Internal Testing user. I'm unable to add myself back. It's giving me the error "1 tester has an invalid name or email address and wasn’t added." So odd since I've been an Internal Testing user for months. This is disrupting testing for me.