Can not install TestFlight version: "This app cannot be installed because its integrity could not be verified."

Hi,

I created an application for a client.

The client put me as a developer in his team on AppStore Connect. For that I use Xcode 13.2.1. It's a UIKit application in Swift with Storyboards.

• I built the app => no problem
  • I tested it on my iPhone => no problem
  • From Xcode I made an archive and uploaded it to TestFlight => no problem
  • The archive has been received by Apple. It was then processed by Apple => no problem
  • And finally I received a notification that it was available on TestFlight => no problem

TestFlight offers me to install it but when I try it does not install it. If I try to click on the icon of the application it shows me the message

"This app cannot be installed because its integrity could not be verified."

I have tried installing other apps from TestFlight and have no issues.

I checked on my mac for the various certificates for this client and they are all good and valid.

I don't understand why for this application I have this behavior.

Someone would have any idea ?

Regards

Tof

Answered by in 706012022

Update 2022-12-09: This issue [2] is now resolved. If you continue to have issues with installing or running TestFlight builds, first ensure you're running the most recent version of TestFlight (3.2.3 as of this update), and if so, please file a feedback report as noted below.

Update 2022-03-03: This issue is now resolved for the vast majority of existing builds. We continue to identify and fix a small number of apps still impacted. If you continue to see this issue, the fastest resolution is to upload a new build to TestFlight. If the issue remains after uploading a new build, please file a feedback report as noted below.

Note: If you are not the developer of an app that is experiencing this issue, please contact the developer and refer them to this post.

Update 2022-02-25: This issue is now resolved for new builds you upload to TestFlight. We are working to fix existing TestFlight builds which were uploaded while the issue was happening [1]. Those existing builds should be fixed in the coming days.

This issue impacted apps which contained multiple bundles (for example, extensions) and were being installed on a device for the first time.

If you continue to see install issues for newly uploaded builds, please file a feedback report via the Feedback Assistant app or website, include a sysdiagnose from an impacted device, and post the Feedback number here for further investigation.

We appreciate your patience.

—Jason.

[1] Between Wednesday February 23, 2022 and Thursday February 24, 2022, approximately.

[2] Between Wednesday December 7, 2022 and Friday December 09, 2022, approximately.

Same problem. Never had this issue before

Same issue.

Same issue. This is repeated with a beta approved testflight app

Same issue. I can update app via testflight on old bate app,but still show old version num and havent new feature

Same issue

We are also experiencing the same issue. Started yesterday, right as we invited our investors to try the new app. Us internally who already had it installed were fine. Everyone else, gets the error

Hey guys,

It was happening the same to me. I followed the suggestions of the people here and removed the extension I had on the app (as my app is new, it was ok for me to remove the other target for now).

I have published it again over XCode and it worked fine!

Interestingly, I have a deployment set with CodeMagic that was throwing the following error:

Error (Xcode): No profiles for 'myapp.ImageNotification' were found: Xcode couldn't find any iOS App Development provisioning profiles matching 'myapp.ImageNotification'. Automatic signing is disabled and unable to generate a profile. To enable automatic signing, pass -allowProvisioningUpdates to xcodebuild.

It appears that there was a problem signing your application prior to installation on the device.

Verify that the Bundle Identifier in your project is your signing id in Xcode
  open ios/Runner.xcworkspace

Also try selecting 'Product > Build' to fix the problem:
Encountered error while archiving for device.

Build failed :|
Failed to build for iOS

The XCode didn't throw any error to publish the app, but CodeMagic has blocked the build because of this error. I gave up on the pipeline and am doing it manually for now.

btw, do you guys think it's safe to publish it anyway ? (real users wouldn't be affected right ?)

Same issue, removing the extensions from my project resolved it

Same here to all of our apps :(

we are facing the same issue.

Same problem. In my case, the app installs successfully through TestFlight without the Safari extension, but breaks on TestFlight with the Safari extension enabled. The app itself is fine, runs perfectly on simulators and real phones with and without extension, just not through TestFlight.

Not sure if it's safe to publish.

Anyone with the onesignal extension having the same problem?

Same issue.

same issues here

Same issue for my app.

guys, worked by enabling the external tests. I believe it is not a permanent solution, but temporary help..

For us, it got resolved without any changes from our end. Apple (TestFlight) might have fixed something.

We added the build to external testing but that did not help intially. After few hours, both internal and external testing started working

Accepted Answer

Update 2022-12-09: This issue [2] is now resolved. If you continue to have issues with installing or running TestFlight builds, first ensure you're running the most recent version of TestFlight (3.2.3 as of this update), and if so, please file a feedback report as noted below.

Update 2022-03-03: This issue is now resolved for the vast majority of existing builds. We continue to identify and fix a small number of apps still impacted. If you continue to see this issue, the fastest resolution is to upload a new build to TestFlight. If the issue remains after uploading a new build, please file a feedback report as noted below.

Note: If you are not the developer of an app that is experiencing this issue, please contact the developer and refer them to this post.

Update 2022-02-25: This issue is now resolved for new builds you upload to TestFlight. We are working to fix existing TestFlight builds which were uploaded while the issue was happening [1]. Those existing builds should be fixed in the coming days.

This issue impacted apps which contained multiple bundles (for example, extensions) and were being installed on a device for the first time.

If you continue to see install issues for newly uploaded builds, please file a feedback report via the Feedback Assistant app or website, include a sysdiagnose from an impacted device, and post the Feedback number here for further investigation.

We appreciate your patience.

—Jason.

[1] Between Wednesday February 23, 2022 and Thursday February 24, 2022, approximately.

[2] Between Wednesday December 7, 2022 and Friday December 09, 2022, approximately.

Hey, I still have this issue, sent feedback (FB9938797).

I am a developer and this error is coming for my Application in Testfligh which we have submitted on Feb 21, 2022. In some devices only this error is coming and if we install an older version and try the new version as an update it will work. Also, post this step, fresh installation will also work in the same device.

So the question is if I release the same version to Customers, whether they will be affected?

Thanks, Abin

Hi, I still have the issue with application using Notification Service Extension :/ I sent a feedback.

BTW putting external testers solves the problem as said by @raphaeldcout

Hello, i uploaded a new app sent to testflight and getting exactly the same issue as mentioned above. Is a completely new app.

Same here for new whole app

Hi! Im having the same problem with an app built and deployed like 3 days ago. I filled a feedback assistant report to be able to track this down as suggested by Jason. The number is 9959386

Can not install TestFlight version: "This app cannot be installed because its integrity could not be verified."

Q