Emissive material in Reality Composer

Hello,

I’m trying to bring a USDZ model of a radio tower with a red light on top (using the emissive channel in my USDZ) into Reality Composer.

As of right now, it looks like RC ignores emissive materials.

If I finish all the interaction I want in RC, is there an easy way to add a bloom post-processing effect in XCode to make my red light glow?

I saw there is Post Processing in Reality Kit 2 but as a new developer, not sure how or if it is possible to “dit into” my RC project with XCode to add that post processing. If anybody could provide a good beginners tutorial or a path to start learning, I’d really appreciate it.

Thank you,

Daniel Jones

• You posted this long ago. As a new developer I am struggling with something similar. Were you able to fix it.? Also looking for emissive material animation from USD material in Xcode.?

Add a Comment

Replies

Hi Daniel,

The post processing API is only available in a Realitykit app. So you can’t write a post processing effect and then use it within RC. You would have to import your model into a RealityKit app to apply the effect. If you are interested in writing an app with a post processing effect, you can take a look at the Underwater sample we released this year.

Also, about your issue with emissive materials. We should support emissive materials, I’m fairly certain that our TV usdz file uses it. Can you provide some more info about how you are using the emissive channel?

• no,your emissive material doesn't support yet

Add a Comment