MAS receipt is not downloaded for Sandbox users

For the past week macOS isn't providing my apps with MAS Receipt data(ie, MyAppName.app/Contents/_MASReceipt/receipt) at launch time when testing with App Store Connect Sandbox users.

Finder shows the following error: “MYAPP” is damaged and can’t be opened. Delete “MYAPP” and download it again from the App Store.

I tried to create new sandbox users, tried to run my app on Catalina, BigSur and Monterey.

I see the following in the Console log:

• Fetching missing receipt for sandbox app /Users/***/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/MYAPP/Build/Products/Debug/MYAPP.app
  • <ReceiptRefreshRequest: 0x7f90b0905020>: Error fetching receipt for MYAPP_bundle_id - Error Domain=com.apple.commerce.client Code=500 "(null)"
  • StoreLegacy: Failed to perform in-line receipt renewal for application at path /Users/***/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/MYAPP/Build/Products/Debug/MYAPP.app : 'Error Domain=com.apple.commerce.client Code=500 "(null)"'

I created a bug report about this issue several days ago using the Feedback Assistant. FB9755646. I haven't received an answer yet.

Any thoughts would be deeply appreciated! Thanks! Alex

• I confirm I'm having exact same issue (2nd May 2022).

• Same here (9th May 2022). I think the actual problem is that the OS doesn't show the login window where we can authenticate using our sandbox accounts. It worked for us recently (<2weeks), but this has always been an unreliable mechanism in my experience.

• Tried again nine days later and it works now for us, though we didn't change anything. Thus I would assume it was a remote issue at Apple's side. Thus whenever this kind of problem appears the resolution seems to be to simply wait until it works again.

Replies

Yes, we have the same problem for two weeks.

The same for me.

Apple broke something and all developers have this same problem. It's probably not XCode. It's probably macOS 12.0.1 Monterey or the App Store. There's nothing you can do until they fix this in an update. File a bug report. I tried to ask for code level support for this TWICE but the request disappears.

macOS Monterey 12.1. The issue is still here. Hey Apple! Are you serious??? It's been almost 2 months and not only have you not fixed the bug, but you couldn't even respond to the developer!

• According to Feedback Assistant it will (hopefully) be fixed in Monterey 12.2

• @fedo Unfortunately this issue happens on all macOS editions of the last 4 years (didn't test older versions), so it's probably a server problem.

• @fedo At the other hand it's good news that Apple communicates back via Feedback Assistant about this issue. But I need especially a fix for older macOS versions, because on Monterey I can just use TestFlight to test apps.

I have currently the same problem with all my Mac apps, on all my Macs, on macOS versions from 10.14 to 12.1.

How is it possible that this isn't solved yet?

Or are a lot of Mac developers simply skipping the receipt validation?

The workaround to use SKReceiptRefreshRequest only seems to work on macOS 11 and 12, with some drawbacks. On 10.14 and 10.15 I get the same error as using "exit 173".

The only thing we can and must do is file a Feedback report. I have read that contacting DTS about this will only result in a template answer, with a request to file a Feedback report.

+1 ... Building my app with macOS 12.3.1 (M1) and Xcode 13.3.1, and no receipt is retrieved after exiting with 173. Tried App Store log out / log in (sandbox and regular account) as well as reboot to no avail.

• Please file a bug report at https://feedbackassistant.apple.com . Mention report IDs FB10003596 FB10007043 FB9831929 so Apple can correlate the issues. Post your report ID here so it can be included in future reports by others.

Add a Comment